𝟬𝟲. ba sing se

CHANGE | CHAPTER SIX

     𝐀s soon as they got to their temporary house, Cloud disappeared from her friends and went to find a decent room that satisfied her needs

     𝐀s soon as they got to their temporary house, Cloud disappeared from her friends and went to find a decent room that satisfied her needs. It didn't take long for her to find the perfect one and once she was done settling in the decent space, she barged out of the room, almost bumping into a certain firebender but she continued to walk out of the house without a care in the world.

     Mako watched the female airbender bouncing along the halls with a big smile on her face. It caused him to smile too, but when his brother found him, it quickly disappeared from his face, returning back to his usual stoic expression.

     "Let's go to the backyard, fellas," Cloud said as she airbends herself on top of Oogi, winking at the polar bear dog beside them. Naga seemed to understand what she said and stood up from the ground, her tongue hanging out of her mouth from delight. "Yip yip!"

     Not even a few moments later, she heard her friends and family calling out the new airbender's name from inside the house. Cloud stood up from the grass, patting the two animals before entering the house. Her loud footsteps took the attention of those who were inside.

     "Kai's not here?" Cloud asked, glancing at each of them with confusion laced on her features.

     "I don't think I've seen him since we landed," Asami said with a small frown, standing beside the firebender.

    "I knew that kid was no good," Mako said gruffly, briefly placing his hands over his waist. "He was just waiting for an opportunity to run away again."

     "Maybe he just wandered off and got lost." Cloud shrugged, giving the little kid the benefit of the doubt.

     "We have to find him," Jinora said worriedly, approaching the two of them with her father on her side.

    "What's the point? He obviously doesn't care about us," Mako scoffed. At his words, someone suddenly smacked the back of his head, his eyes twitching in annoyance as he looked around to see the culprit.

    "Mako!" Cloud frowned. "That's not very nice."

    One moment, Cloud was standing far from him, and the next thing he knew, she was now standing beside him with a hard expression on her face. It was nice having Kai around. He reminded her of her little cousins. Even though he had a bad habit of taking things he wasn't supposed to take, Cloud believed he was a good kid. Besides, Jinora would be sad if he left. She could tell that the two kind of adores each other. Ah. The smell of young love.