𝟬𝟴. memory lane

CHANGE | CHAPTER EIGHT

     𝐌ako decided to hide the prince somewhere safer, knowing they couldn't take him back to his hotel after what happened

     𝐌ako decided to hide the prince somewhere safer, knowing they couldn't take him back to his hotel after what happened. They jumped back in Asami's blue roadster and made their way out of the city and to the countryside with fewer civilizations. An elaborate estate stretched for miles around them, a dazzling landscape with several courtyards, gardens, towers, and lots of space. It was almost as peaceful as the Air Temple Island.

     Cloud stood next to Mako,Asami, Korra and Prince Wu on the front porch of the mansion. Gigantic windows litter the façade, allowing plenty of light into the mansion.

     "Nice digs, Mako." Wu looked around, astonished. "You didn't tell me you came from money."

     "I don't," Mako said plainly. "This is Asami's place. She was nice enough to let my family stay here after they fled Ba Sing Se."

    The big wooden door opened and Mako's grandmother, Yin, stepped onto the porch, a familiar red scar around her neck. "Mako! Cloudy! It's so wonderful to—" Her eyes went big and she covered her mouth as she gasped at the sight of the prince. She reached out for Wu with her left hand. "Are you..."

    "Hiya, Grandma," Cloud beamed, not noticing the starstruck look on the old lady's face.

     "Grandma, this is Prince Wu," Mako introduced. "He needs to stay with you and the family for a little while."

    Wu takes on one knee and grabs Yin's hand. "It's an honor, Grandma Mako."

     He kissed Yin's hand and she fainted gracefully, but Mako caught her. He seemed a little worried but he sighed, "She loves royalty."

    "I think I'll fit right in here." The prince stood up triumphantly, ignoring Cloud who snickered at him. He touched Mako's shoulder. "Thanks for looking out for me, Mako." Then he threw his arms back urgently. "Now where's the nearest bathroom? I have been holding it all day!"

     Everybody watched as the prince stormed off into the house, whining loudly. The rest of Mako's family who were inside moved aside to let the prince enter the mansion. Quietly, they all exchanged looks with each other at the Earth Kingdom prince's antics. With a small sigh, Mako set his grandmother back on his feet and moved toward Cloud.

    "Do you think he'll be fine?" Mako asked quietly.

     Cloud smirked, pinching his cheeks. "Aw, is my fireboy worried about his dear wittle prince?"

     He weakly swatted her hands away, slouching ever so slightly. "No, Cloudy!"

     The airbender laughed, and then she smiled, reassuring him, "He'll be fine."

    Growing up, Cloud never knew who her mother was, except for the fact that she was a Water Tribe woman. Cloud was born in the Southern Water Tribe where Bumi took her after her mother passed away after giving birth to her. That was all she ever knew and perhaps that had been fine with her because her father gave her everything she ever needed. He took her with him everywhere he went and let her enjoy the things she wanted to do.