𝟬𝟯. trouble bender

CHANGE | CHAPTER THREE

     𝐓he flying bison, Oogi, flew down and landed on Kyoshi bridge, and the four of them jumped off the bison, Cloud finding herself next to a certain firebender

     𝐓he flying bison, Oogi, flew down and landed on Kyoshi bridge, and the four of them jumped off the bison, Cloud finding herself next to a certain firebender. The latter briefly stole a glance at her while Korra walked up between him and Lin, quietly assessing the situation on the bridge. She furrowed her brows in confusion and looked up at the bridge, becoming curious when she noticed a man with dark hair holding onto the railing. 

    He seemed to be trembling in fright. If he was really an airbender like they were all saying then he shouldn't be too worried about falling. But Cloud understood him. He might be a late bloomer too, or he was just scared of heights. Either way, he could find a way to get past it. The metalbenders approached him and took a fighting stance as if that'll make everything much better.

    "Come down immediately, or we will be forced to take action," The current police chief said through a megaphone.

    "Stay back! I'm dangerous," The man exclaimed. However, the metalbender cops still attacked him. But he managed to defend himself using an air dome (which left Cloud flabbergasted), knocking off all the metalbenders. He quickly apologized in shock. "Sorry!"

     The metalbenders fired their cables toward the bridge before swinging back to the ground. Korra grabbed her glider and flew to the top of the bridge. Cloud reached for her own, but froze when she realized she wasn't holding anything. Not anymore. It made a small frown appear on her face. 

    "You okay?" She heard a voice to her left, and she looked at Mako with a small nod.

    "Yeah, fine." Cloud shrugged. But it didn't convince the firebender although he just kept quiet. He'd talk to her later.

     It all happened too fast, one second, Daw, the man who was on the bridge, started to fall but then Korra saved him, causing the crowd to cheer. Cloud left Mako's side to approach the newly found airbender, bouncing lightly on her feet as she found herself standing next to her uncle.

    "Daw, this is Tenzin and Cloud," Korra introduced them, and Cloud sent him a small wave with a smile that reached her eyes. "They're going to help you."

     Tenzin bowed. "It is absolutely my pleasure to meet you, Daw. I have never met a new airbender before. Well, at least not one whose diaper I didn't have to change."

     "Actually, I just fell off a bridge so I could use a fresh diaper right about now," Daw said nervously, making the oldest airbender raise an eyebrow at him.

    "So, is this the deal?" Cloud turned behind her and noticed Raiko marching towards them as a metalbender cop opened the fence for him. "We have a crisis every other day now thanks to you."

     "Listen, I know you're having a tough time getting used to these changes and I'm sorry for that, but you and everyone else are going to have to learn to live with it," Korra said hardly. "The vines and the spirits are here to stay."