𝟬𝟵. the metal clan

CHANGE | CHAPTER NINE

     𝐂loud sat on the floor inside the airship, and in front of her was a board game called Pai Sho

     𝐂loud sat on the floor inside the airship, and in front of her was a board game called Pai Sho. She learned it from General Iroh who learned it from his grandfather Zuko, who learned it from his late uncle, the man whom Iroh got his name from. She heard a lot of great things about the old man, and it made her wish she got to meet him before he passed.

     However, the last time she checked, Uncle Iroh was in the Spirit World.

     Not even a few minutes later, they received a call from the radio about another airbender. The location was in Zaofu, the metal clan. It made a grin appear on the girl's face at the mention of the place. She had been there when she was a child, and she loved every bit of the place but she couldn't exactly say she wanted to live there. Tight spaces were not for her.

     The spunky airbender stood by the window of the police airship as it flew over the plains, through the clouds, and over the city of Zaofu. As the clouds passed, they were greeted by a huge gleaming city made entirely out of metal in the shape of a lotus flower. There were also smaller metal flowers around the city. Cloud was gleaming as bright as the metal.

     "Wow! Wow! Wow!" Bolin pressed his face on the dashboard of the ship as all five of them looked out the windows. "An entire city made of metal! Wohoho, you should feel right at home, Beifong."

     The aforementioned woman didn't seem too delighted about that as Lin sat on a bench far away from the windows with her arms crossed. Her facial expression was unexcited. Naga and Pabu were near her. Cloud scrunched her face up in realization but turned her attention back towards the city of metal. She doesn't know much about her deal with her sister, but she knows better than to provoke Lin Beifong.

     Team Avatar exited the airship, with the exception of Lin who was pretty adamant about staying inside the airship. They were greeted by a man in green and yellow robes and two Metal Clan escorts. Cloud continued to glance around the place, and seeing the mountains and plains of green━she grew more excited. She could imagine soaring above them, and just feeling the warm wind on her face.

     "Avatar Korra. It is an honor to meet you," The man with glasses said as he bowed with his hands clasped. "My name is Aiwei."

     "Thanks for having us."

     "Is this everyone?"  

     Korra looked at her friends, knowing Lin was still in the airship. Then she looked back at him with a nod. "Yup. Just us. So, can I meet the new airbender?"

    "Of course," Aiwei spoke, a little stiffly before gesturing his palm out. "Right this way."

     The old man gestured for Team Avatar to follow him. The escorts closed the gate after them and they descended down the dock. It almost felt like a dream. Cloud stood between Asami and Mako, watching the scenery change as the tram continues to travel further into the city. There was a whole bunch of people everywhere, clad in green robes with metal accessories, and it was pleasing to the eye.