𝟬𝟳. our hands tied

CHANGE | CHAPTER SEVEN

     𝐎kay, maybe, Cloud over-exaggerated a bit

     𝐎kay, maybe, Cloud over-exaggerated a bit. Korra and Asami got into quite a small spat about who knows the latter's father better, which didn't go very well since Korra thought the man was manipulating her daughter again. The topic of Hiroshi Sato obviously still has a sensitive spot on the daughter who had to go against everything she loved. However, she seemed to be battling between forgiving him or forgetting about him forever. A hard choice.

     Then Prince Wu decided to cut in their argument, placing his glass down on the table as he stood with dramatic flair. "As much as I'm enjoying this little catch-up, my royal bladder is about to explode. Mako, come on, I need you to stand guard."

     They all looked at him. Especially Cloud whose eyes twitched at the mention of her boyfriend's name.

      "I'm not gonna hold your hand every time you have to empty your 'royal bladder'," Mako retorted, a deep scowl on his face with his arms crossed to his chest. "Go to the bathroom on your own for once."

     Wu looked disappointed and pouted. "Fine."

     "Do you always go to the bathroom with him?" Korra asked in confusion as the prince walked off dejectedly.

     "I don't go with him, with him, I just stand there in the general vicinity while he... I don't wanna talk about it," Mako began but ended up sinking back in his seat, shutting his eyes from frustration.

     "It's okay, fireboy." Cloud gave him a feigned sad look, patting his shoulder. She snickered under her breath, sharing amused looks with the women. "We get it."

     It had been a few minutes now, and Prince Wu still hadn't come back. The waiter had already put down the octopus fritters the prince ordered, and the old team shared unsure looks with each other. Well, maybe, except Cloud who decided to poke one of the dishes and pop one into her mouth, earning a raise of an eyebrow from Asami. She flashed her an awkward smile with the octopus piece inside her cheeks.

      "I wonder what's taking Wu so long. He's not one to miss out on lunch," Mako frowned. Then he stood to find the eccentric prince. Korra and Asami gave each other a worried look, while Mako walked off. "I'll go check on him."

      Cloud picked up her glider and sent a nod at her friends. "Come on. I have a really bad feeling about this."

     The three ladies decided to wait outside the men's comfort room, when Korra spotted the bathroom attendant walking past with a cart full of laundry bags. She slightly bumped into Cloud who followed her gaze, a light bulb appearing above her head. With a silent agreement, Cloud walked off toward the backrooms, her glider gripped in her hand.

     "We'll be right back," Korra told Asami before she followed the airbender.

     Cloud walked out the back of the hotel, Korra behind her, where they saw the attendant dumping the load of laundry into the back of a van. Her eyes slightly narrowed, scanning the vicinity for any sign of the prince. Korra approached the bathroom attendant.