𝟬𝟵. beyond the wild

CHANGE | CHAPTER NINE

     𝐉ust as planned, Cloud traveled back to Republic City with Mako and Prince Wu, only to end up at the City Hall with the other leaders before she could get to the Avatar

     𝐉ust as planned, Cloud traveled back to Republic City with Mako and Prince Wu, only to end up at the City Hall with the other leaders before she could get to the Avatar. There was her uncle, Master Tenzin from the Air Nomads, and then Fire Lord Izumi, Lord Zuko's daughter who replaced his position. Then there was Raiko. Now, here's the problem: Cloud wouldn't exactly say she was best buddies with the city president because she had a knack for ignoring his orders that seemed so stupid sometimes.

     Fortunately, the meeting did seem a lot better with a few familiar faces here and there. Of course, Lin Beifong was there, as she was the chief of police. She couldn't forget Mako who had no choice but to stick around for Prince Wu. Cloud stood next to Lin, behind Tenzin who was sitting around the long table with the others, hands restlessly on her sides, and her ocean eyes darting everywhere as they spoke about important matters.

     "I say we deal with this Kuvira situation immediately," Raiko said, cutting to the chase.

    "—Or, okay, uh, I'm just spitballing here. We march in with an army of highly trained badgermoles!" Prince Wu began to ramble about some random non-helpful stuff, causing a few skeptical eyes on him. At Tenzin's disapproving look, he backtracked. Fire Lord Izumi looked the most unamused. "Do we know if Kuvira has any allergies?"

     "Look, I think we all know what must be done," Raiko said firmly, which Cloud made an awkward expression. "We take the fight to her."

     Tenzin pondered over it, stroking his beard. "I don't believe attacking is the right move, since she hasn't done anything aggressive toward the United Republic."

     "That's what I said to Korra," Cloud quipped. Then her gaze narrowed, straying toward a certain president, who seemed a little uneasy at her stares. "Speaking of Korra, why isn't she here?"

     Everybody ignored her.

     "Not yet. But Kuvira can't be trusted," Lin cuts in in response to Tenzin's words. Cloud huffed under her breath, crossing her arms as she glared at the older people. "She told us that she was going to turn over power and she didn't. I'm with Raiko. I say we go on the offensive and start by retaking Zaofu."

    Suddenly, the person she'd been wanting to see barged inside the city hall with Opal Beifong on her tail. All eyes turned to the Avatar. Cloud seemed to brighten up as she literally blasted herself up in the air to cross the table, and landed next to Mako who didn't look surprised. She grinned at Korra, then realized what the situation looked like.

     "President Raiko, I'm sorry to interrupt, but..." Korra paused, noticing the meeting going on. Without her. "What's going on here?"

     Wu nonchalantly leaned back on his chair and said casually, "Oh, hey, Avatar Korra. Just kickin' it world leader-style, trying to figure out what to do about Kuvira. For the record, Cloudy and I told Raiko he should've invited you."