𝟬𝟰. adventure time

CHANGE | CHAPTER FOUR

    𝐓he spunky brunette stood by the windows of the airship as it began to leave the Air Temple Island, waving lively at her cousins who were with their mother and Kya

    𝐓he spunky brunette stood by the windows of the airship as it began to leave the Air Temple Island, waving lively at her cousins who were with their mother and Kya. The travelers, Asami, Korra, Bumi, Tenzin, Jinora, and the two brothers also stood by her side, waving back through the green-tinted glass window of the airship. She'd miss those kids even though they'd probably be gone only for a few days, but still.

    On the deck, Naga had her head over the railing and allowed her tongue to hang out as she felt the wind on her face. Oogi came up next to her and did the same thing. Cloud was glad that the sky bison was able to come with them. Thanks to Tenzin. Inside the airship, the group now sat around a table with the map in the center of them.

    "As of now, these are the towns where we've gotten reports about airbenders. It looks like we can hit up most of them before we get to Ba Sing Se."

     "We're going to bring the Air Nation back from the brink of extinction after nearly two hundred years."

    "And it's all because of you, Korra," Tenzin said sincerely, the Avatar in the room smiling widely.

    The second airbender they'd come to know was Kuon. However, he had a family and greatly denied coming with them back to the Northern Air Temple without his child and wife. Cloud understood him but it was also a bit sad since it could've been nice to have another airbender around. Back inside the airship, Team Avatar was having another meeting.

     "In my head, I saw that playing out very differently."

    "Maybe we should have stayed and tried harder to convince him to join us."

    "Or we could have thrown him in a potato sack and forced him into the ship."

     "That's how they got me to join the United Forces," Bumi retorted, looking up from his book as he sat on the couch next to his daughter who was picking at her nails.

    "No, we can't coerce people. Or throw them in potato sacks," Tenzin said sotto voce. "They must come freely. But not to worry, there are plenty of other airbenders out there who will be happy to come with us once they find out what the Air Nation is all about."

    Multiple airbenders, and multiple denials, but the team still hasn't even recruited at least one airbender all because they all had their own personal reasons. Cloud was starting to believe the only way to get them to come was to throw them inside potato sacks and kidnap them back to the Northern Air Temple.

    "Ugh, I really thought I had that last guy. Who doesn't want a bison as their best friend?" Tenzin groaned, his niece nodding in agreement. Like, who wouldn't want a nice and fluffy companion?

    "It's okay Tenzin, I still want to be an airbender," Bumi said halfheartedly, trying to comfort his little brother.

    "Okay, we've tried it your way, and people just don't seem to be responding. It's time for a little tough love."