𝟬𝟯. bulls on parade

BALANCE | CHAPTER THREE

     𝐍ow in Little Ba Sing Se Fashion Mall; Prince Wu, Mako, and Cloud were seated around a table, drinking their preferable smoothies through straws

     𝐍ow in Little Ba Sing Se Fashion Mall; Prince Wu, Mako, and Cloud were seated around a table, drinking their preferable smoothies through straws. It was fine until the prince started causing trouble once again. Surprisingly enough, it wasn't Cloud this time, which made the firebender feel a little better since trouble and Cloudy in one sentence don't mix too well. It's a big no-no.

    "Once we're done with these, we can go into the Middle Ring and I'll let you pick out some new suits, then we'll hit the boutiques in the Upper Ring for me," Wu rambled, but then he stopped after seeing two girls walk by wearing shirts that have the logo of The Metal Clan and Kuvira's face on them. Wu, mentally double-taking, spits his drink onto Mako, scrambling to his feet and dashing after them, angry. "Where did you get those shirts?"

    Cloud's eyes widened ever so slightly but she remained on her chair, sipping loudly on her smoothie as she watched Prince Wu interrogate the poor girls. Mako sighed under his breath, glancing down at the mess on his uniform. However, his girlfriend suddenly waved her hand carelessly, a brush of wind made him stumble slightly, but the substance on his clothing had dried quickly.

     Mako sent her a small thankful smile at the same time Wu had thrown his smoothie at the group of Kuvira's supporters. The sound of the cup hitting something and spilling was heard and the yelling fell momentarily silent. But the female airbender master learned to prepare for the worst.

    "I'm covered in juice! Get him!"

     "We need to get you out of here." Mako hurried to get the prince, grabbed his arm, and started pulling him away from the furious group.

    "Ugh." Cloud groaned, slamming her unfinished glass of smoothie on the table, pouting as she glanced between her drink and the two idiots in front of her. "Not again."

    Then the chase started, but Cloud only had one thing on her mind: Why is it they never let her finish her smoothies?

    Never━I mean, never ever again. Cloud had come back to the same spot in the smoothie shop to buy another one after the chase after leaving the firebender and the prince alone by themselves. Cloud wasn't satisfied with half of a smoothie, and besides, she was a growing person. She needed something substantial and healthy. There she sat on the same spot, sipping on her newly made smoothie.

     Mako and Prince Wu came back after, taking the empty seats around her. She made eye contact with a frustrated-looking Mako, contrast to how clean and proper he looked, with his verdant uniform and his hair nicely done. Almost subconsciously, his features relaxed, the wrinkles on his forehead disappearing as Cloud smiled softly at him. Prince Wu's ramblings becoming a background noise as he got distracted by the airbender.

     Cloud could scarcely remember how she met Mako and Bolin when she was ten. Bumi had visited Republic City that day, and he had already lost her in the crowd before he could even realize it. Cloud always had a way of slipping away unnoticed. In the middle of the city, she came across two brothers, maybe a year or few younger than her, and with dirty clothes and gashes on their innocent faces.