2. Getting desperate

Work work work.

That's what Damien occupies himself with day in day out. It was the only thing he could do to keep his mind busy. If he stopped even for a second his mind would be immediately filled with the image of an angel.
His angel. Oh how he missed her. Her golden brown locks, deep brown eyes that shaped in crescents when she laughed. That beautiful smile that always took his breath away.

He took a deep breath before he frowned. Whenever he thought about his angel the sweet image of his love and joy would turn to one of sorrow.
He would remember all the times he lost her.
It happened in so many different ways he could write his own book on a 1000 ways to die.
In all those times he was unable to stop it from happening. Curse that evil witch that put him through all this suffering.

It would have been better if he could die but then again that would mean he would never see Olivia again and the thought broke his heart.
He was getting desperate and a few years ago he approached a well known good witch for help. Yes. He was that desperate.
He never told anyone about it but he just wanted to be sure he tried every single method to save Olivia from this never ending curse.

The witch couldn't break the curse but she said she could only cast a protection spell which she did.
It might not have broken the curse but Damien was hoping it would buy him more time to be with Olivia.
They never lasted a year because he always met her on her 20th birthday and she always died before her 21st birthday.
Maybe this time they could be together a bit longer.

He took a deep breath turning back to his paperwork they was a knock on the door.
"Come in" he said. He already knew it was his loyal servant Sterling. He caught his scent from afar.
"Good evening master" Sterling greeted with a bow.
"What do you want Sterling? I'm busy"  he asked a bit annoyed.

"That's the problem. Your work never seems to end. You deserve a break" Sterling said with a smile.
"I'm not in the mood for one of your silly ideas. Last time I ended up having to apologize to a pack of werewolves for trespassing on their territory" Damien said not happy about the recent misunderstanding.
He was in good books with most supernatural creatures and wanted it to stay that way. Sterling always seemed to attract trouble but Damien trusted him the most.

"This has nothing to do with werewolves. There is a fundraising dinner for the cancer awareness campaign hosted by Miss Maya and you had promised you would attend" Sterling explained.
Damien sighed in frustration. He had promised to attend but he didn't like Maya because she wanted him and didn't hide her affection.

"Can't we just donate ten million and not have to show up?" Damien asked.
"You have already donated that money and you have to make an appearance. It's mandatory for sponsors" Sterling explained further.
"Fine" Damien said as he stood up and walked to the door but stopped next to Sterling and sniffed the air.

"You are still meeting up with that witch" Damien said with a frown.
"Not all witches are evil" Sterling responded but Damien just silently left the room. To get ready for the fundraising dinner.

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Don't forget to vote and comment. Thank you for reading.