18. You can't win

"WHO THE F*CK ARE YOU AND GET YOU FILTHY HANDS OFF MY MAN" As soon as they heard these words downstairs everyone was on their feet rushing upstairs. Obviously the supernatural we're ahead of the humans in speed. Chester just cast a telepotation spell and was the first to get the bedroom in time to see Melvin disappear with Oliver in his arms.

"Well well well. Isn't it the meddling witch that tried to break my curse" he turned to see a beautiful blonde woman in a long champagne elegant dress as her fingers played with the locks of the sleeping vampires hair.
"Serene" it was his first time meeting the dark witch but he had heard so much about her. He could feel the evil aura around her. It was dangerous and unsettling. She was definitely a powerful witch.

"Chester right. I have heard about you. Don't worry it's all good things and under different circumstances I would have taken you as my apprentice but now that you have messed with my curse. You have to die.

Before Chester could make a move he felt a sharp pain on his chest. Looking down he saw the bloody blade of a sword sticking out.
" You can't win" she said. Whoever had stabbed him pulled it out just as Serene and Damien disappeared. He fell on his knees with his hands on his chest as blood poured out of his mouth.

"Chester" Sterling screamed in shock as he craddled his lover in his arms putting pressure on the wound to stop the bleeding. They were blood all over Chesters body and a pool that kept growing fast on the floor, "Baby please keep your eyes open. Baby please hang in there. Delun DO SOMETHING" Sterling screamed in distress as blood red tears washed down his cheeks.

Delun was already next to them trying to heal Chester, "I'm trying. I'm really trying but I dont... I dont think I can heal him fast enough...he is... He is dying too fast"
"NO... HE CANT DIE...he can't die... I can't lose him" Sterling had never felt so hopeless in his life.
Royce and Arthur hid their faces in the embrace of their mates not able to handle what was happening.

"Can't... Can't you turn him? Since you're a vampire" Olivia suggested as she also held and hugged Phoebe who also couldn't believe someone was dying before her eyes.
"Chester isn't human. He is a witch and vampire blood is poisonous to witches" Brice explained.

"But they are mates and if Sterling has taken Chesters blood shouldn't he be immune to the poison in your blood. I know it sounds crazy but this could be the only way to save him. He doesn't have much time left" Scott said. It sounded crazy but it might work or kill him. Right now they really had nothing to lose since the witch was already dying.

Sterling didn't hesitate to tear open his wrist with his fangs before placing his bleeding hand on his lovers lips, "Drink baby please. This is the only way" at first nothing seemed to happen as the witch just seemed to go still, "baby please" Sterling almost broke down as his lovers heart stopped but as soon as he heard a beat Chester was sucking on his arm. At first is was slow but then it became more violent as Chester bit the vampires arm.

Chesters eyes opened with a flash of red before he blinked and his left eye returned to his usual violet color before he let go of Sterlings hand to take a deep breath but screamed when he felt a sharp pain in his chest.
"Shhhh... Calm down baby... You're still healing" Sterling said as he held him close and as gently as possible. With Sterlings blood healing him as well as Delun using his magic it didn't take too long until he was fully healed.

"How... How am I still alive... I was stabbed in the heart" Chester asked as he took deep breaths. He felt different. Stronger and very very thirsty.

"I gave you my blood to save you"
"But vampire blodd is poisonous to us"
"Apparently there is an exception for mates" Sterling said before kissing his mate, "I'm so glad you're alive. I almost lost it when your heart stopped"
"Thank you for saving me. So am I a vampire now because I feel very thirsty right now and I don't think I need water"

"Do you still have your magic?" Delun asked.
"Yes. I can feel it but at the same time it feels... Stronger somehow"
"I assume you're both. A hybrid of some sorts. You are the first or one of the few witch / vampire mates so this is all new to us but we will figure it out along the way. Right now we need to deal with the issue at hand. Who harmed you and where is the prince and his mate?" Delun said.

"Damn I'm so gonna kill that b*tch next time I see her. It was her. That witch that cursed him. It was Serene"

°°°°°°°°°°

What do you think she is going to do with the couple? What do you think about Chesters new self? Do you think they will figure out a way to save the others on time before she kills Oliver?