12. First heartbreak

Authors POV

Olivia quickly shut the shop door before she allowed the tears to finally fall. Ever since the day she had gotten back Oliver was acting strange.
He wasn’t as bubbly as before and seemed to be in some sort of pain. It wasn’t physical because she checked if he had any injuries but she figured it was emotional pain.

Did something happen while she was away?

That question was answered as soon as she followed Oliver and Damien outside.
Oliver refused to open up but even though he said he was alright she knew something was wrong and the look he had as soon as he saw Damien proved that the tall handsome man was involved somehow.
But she soon regretted her decision when she saw the pair lock lips right before her eyes.

She ran back into the store and allowed the tears to flow as she remembered the words of the witch they had met years ago. That her first love would be her first heartbreak.
Olivia tried not to think about it for years and just forget about it but everything just came flooding in.
The moment she had met the tall handsome man on the night of their 21st birthday she knew it was love at first sight.

Their first meeting felt like something out of a cliché romantic novel and she wouldn’t have had it any other way. Damien seemed to feel the same way as he gazed at her adoringly and she instantly fell for him.
In a matter of seconds she had already imagined how many kids they would have and even gave them cute names. Her life was set the moment she met him but as soon as Oliver cut in it seemed like all her dreams were shattered.

Oliver had always been loud, outspoken and flirty with most men. It had never bothered her because that was who he was but she felt a bit possessive over Damien.
She wanted Damien to only look at her but Oliver always seemed to steal his focus and want the limelight to be on him.
For a moment she hated her own brother whom she had always loved more than anyone.

She swore to always protect her little brother but suddenly she wished he could just drop dead and leave Damien alone so that she could be his only focus.
This feeling always came when all three of them were together and later she would feel bad for having such thoughts.
She convinced herself to just let go and forget about Damien but he would come and smile at her causing her heart to flutter at his attention and affection.

Damien didn’t hide his interest and for a moment she was convinced that he liked her and not Oliver.
She felt bad for leaving him the night she had to rush home for an emergency and planned to make it up to him somehow but that dream had totally been shattered.
Seeing Damien and Oliver together proved that she was too late and her heart broke into a million pieces as she experienced her first heart break.

As soon as she had calmed down she called Phoebe who picked her up from the shop and took her home. Phoebe knew Olivia liked Damien and understood why she was devastated that the man was now with her brother.

“I guess that crazy witch was actually telling the truth. I thought she just said that to keep us from falling in love or something” Phoebe said.
“Gosh how I wish that wasn’t true. How could I be so stupid to allow myself to think he actually felt something for me?” Olivia said as she wiped her recent tears that didn’t seem to want to stop.
“You’re not an idiot. The night we met he looked at you like you were the only person he could see. I don’t blame you. He is just a jerk. He shouldn’t have strung you along” Phoebe said.

No matter how Olivia looked at it Damien seemed genuine about his feeling for her. He even asked her out on a date.
“Do you think Oliver seduced him? I mean…it’s a possibility right?” Olivia asked as the anger bubbled up again.
“Don’t think like that Olivia just forget about him” Phoebe said before organizing a horror movie night with lots of ice-cream. The best way to heal a broken heart was with blood, violence and ice-cream, she always said.

“How are things with Elton?” Olivia asked.
“Don’t remind me of him gosh he is so annoying. He won’t leave me alone” Phoebe said as if irritated.
“He went goo goo eyes the day you met. What else did you expect? The guy is crazy about you” Olivia said with a laugh.

“It seems Damien and his friends are all weird. I haven’t even heard from or seen Arthur and Royce since that night they left with those other friends of his. Did you see the way they looked at them? Like they were some kind of predator ready to pounce on their prey. Not only that I think I heard one them growl when Arthur got hit on by that stranger who approached him by the bar” Phoebe said as she settled next to her best friend.

“Growl? Like for real?” Olivia said with a laugh.
“Yes growl. It sounded like something out of a bad teen wolf episode” Phoebe said and the pair laughed but something seemed to click at that moment.
They quickly turned to face each other in shock.
“Werewolves” they both screamed.

“No no no no no… don’t tell me we’ve been hanging out with a bunch of supernatural creatures. Oh my gosh I even kissed Elton” Phoebe said in panic mode.
“I thought you said he was annoying?” Olivia said with a raised eyebrow.
“His stalker habits are annoying but damn it Olivia the man is handsome and sexy. Quite a hard combination to resist” Phoebe said.

“Oh no Oliver” Olivia said as she grabbed her phone to call her brother but it wasn’t going through.
“What’s wrong?” Phoebe asked.
“Oliver is with Damien right now. Damn it. He has been staying away from relationships for so long why would he fall for Damien out of nowhere. Where is that crazy self-control he always brags about” Olivia threw the phone down when she realized there was no use calling.

“Unless...” Phoebe said as both girls looked at each other and spoke at the same time.
“Unless he is his a vampire and his mate”

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

Finally it all makes sense.  Remember to vote and comment. I would really appreciate it 😁