21. Hello handsome

Damiens POV

"You ready?" I raised my head to look into the familiar eyes, nose, lips. Its all the same but it's just not you.

Just thinking about what happened 120 years ago brings tears to my eyes. I never thought anything would have been worse than losing Olivia all those times I did in the past but losing you... Losing you was worse than anything I had ever felt.

I thought we still had time. You told me not to think about it but I couldn't handle it. The last thing I did was walk away from you before I was in complete darkness but when I finally opened my eyes you smiled at me, told me you loved me one more time before leaving me.

At that moment my world shattered into a million unfixable pieces. At that moment I lost my everything and remained... Empty. I tried to revive you. Even the witches did what they could but not even my blood could save you.

The curse that had plagued my life was finally broken but then I would rather be cursed than not have you in my life. I would rather be cursed than feel this never ending emptyness inside.

"You okay?" I was snapped out of my thoughts of you. The last time I saw you.
"Yes. I'm good" I said as I forced a smile and stood up. I put on my jacket and I was ready to leave.

"I miss him too. You don't need to pretend to be strong around me Damien. We both lost some one precious to us that day" Olivia said with tears in her eyes. The red liquid finally flowed down her eyes but she quickly wiped it away. I took my handkerchief and wiped what she had left behind.

Yes. I turned her into a vampire. After losing Oliver she begged me to change her hoping that maybe one day he would come back to us like how she used to get reincarnated when we were cursed. She believed he would come back and she wanted to be alive to meet him again.

I wish I was that hopeful. Delun and Chester said they couldn't give a definite answer. Only the creators above knew which souls would return to earth and when they would. For all I know he is already in heaven and will never return.

When we got outside Sterling and Chester were already waiting in the car. We got in and it didn't take long for us to arrive at the cemetery. Brice, Scott, Arthur and Royce were already there waiting. Every year we would meet at his grave and have a little memorial service as friends. Remember the good times and the sacrifices he made. Shared stories and shed a few tears.

Elton and Phoebe's graves were also beside Olivers. The couple refused to be turned. They got married and had 3 children and lived a happy life together. Phoebe was the first to go with cancer and Elton followed a few years after from heartache. We missed them dearly but they had died with no regrets in their lives. Their children had grown up and we're living their own lives.

After our little memorial service we headed to a new bar that had recently opened in town. Olivia was currently dating some guy who was a bartender at the club and so begged us to check it out. Obviously she just wanted to go and see her man at work but we didn't mind.

After about 2 hours of drinking and chatting people scattered. I laughed because it reminded me of the first time we had gone out with the twins and their friends. The werewolves had disappeared with their mates. Olivia was flirting with her bartender boyfriend and I was left all alone having a drink. I was considering leaving when two glasses were placed on the table and someone settled next to me. I raised my head to protest but froze as soon as I saw the person sitting next to me.

Authors POV

"Hello handsome. I hope you don't mind me joining you. I was by the bar with some friends when I noticed you looked pretty lonely and so I decided to join you" the male said giving the vampire an amazing smile.

"Oli...Oliver?" Damien whispered in shock as he looked at the familiar features. The difference was now he had blue eyes and white/blond hair. The vampire reached out and touched his face just to make sure it was real. He immediately felt sparks as their skin touched. MATE. The words echoed in his mind clearly.

The blond male leaned forward and placed his lips on the older males without hesitation. It took a second for Damien to respond as he took control and devoured the other male but they had to come out for air.

"I'm Oliver Kingston this time. I wanted to look for you sooner but I thought it would be best if I looked for you when I turned 18. That way I wouldn't have to wait until I was legal. And just my luck to finally meet you on my 18th birthday" Oliver said before kissing the male again, "So can we talk about the rest tomorrow when we wake up because now I just really want you to Mark and claim me as yours. Forever. I love you so much Damien and this time. Let's be together for eternity" This time Damien was the one who initiated the kiss.

"I missed you so much and I'm never letting you go my love. Whatever you want. I'm yours. For eternity" he sealed the promise with a kiss.

°°°°°°°°°°

This is the end guys. I hope you enjoyed my story. I know it got really sad in the end but you all know I'm a sucker for happy endings. Thank you for reading and all the wonderful votes and comments. Make sure you read my other books if you haven't already. I will be updating them soon. There is a bonus chapter ahead.