5. What did you do?

"Why do you look so down today?" Sterling asked his master as soon as he arrived at the mansion.
"I met Olivia today" Damien responded sounding even more depressed.
"That's good news. I know you were looking forward to seeing her again since the last...after all these years" Sterling chose his words wisely. He knew how his master felt every time he lost Olivia.

"I was happy to see her until i discovered they were two of them. She has a twin brother which has never happened before. The crazy thing is that he might be a guy but he is beautiful. This is crazy" Damien explained even though he still couldn't believe what he had seen with his own two eyes.
"Well about that" Sterling said giving his master a wide smile.
"WHAT DID YOU DO THIS TIME?" Sterling knew he was in deep trouble.

A few hours later.

Sterling and Chester had settled on the same sofa in the lounge. Damien sat across from them. They had all been quiet as soon as Chester arrived.
Damien had his face buried in his hands trying to make sense of what Sterling had told him.
He knew no good would come from Sterling associating himself with witches but he was as stubborn as a mule.
Now look where his rash decisions and 'bright ideas' had brought them.

Sterling turned to face his boyfriend for comfort but in return he got daggers targeted right at him.
If looks could kill he would definitely be six feet under by now. Chester was mad he had told Damien what they had done.
The plan was to observe and see if his spell had made any effect and if they could save Olivia without getting Damien involved but the idiot couldn't help but blow his horn.
Chester knew how the master vampire felt about witches and would have preferred if they had never met in person.

"It's really not that bad..." Sterling just had to go and open his mouth without checking in with his brain first.
"Not that bad...NOT THAT BAD. BECAUSE OF SOME BULLSHIT SPELL YOUR SO CALLED LOVER CAST Olivia HAS BEEN SPLIT IN TWO. HOW IS THAT NOT BAD" Damien lashed out in anger as he glared at Sterling with red eyes filled with rage.
Sterling had lived long enough with his master to know that red eyes were bad news. Damien was pissed.

"ITS NOT A BULLSHIT SPELL" Chester also lashed out due to his pride. He worked really hard on that spell and did not accept criticism, but when Damien turned his glare to him he soon regretted his decision.
"Oh really. So explain how your spell worked and I might rethink ripping your throat out. It's been a while since I had witches blood" Damien was very popular in the supernatural world and because of his history Chester knew he wasn't joking. Another reason he never wanted to meet the vampire.

"W-well..." Chester took a deep breath to try and relax because the look Damien gave him was deadly.
"I couldn't break the curse. N-no one can. It's impossible. I even told this to Sterling over and over again...but I had an idea" Chester was relieved the words came out.
"Which was?" Damien asked through gritted teeth. He was not really making it any easier for Chester as his huge sharp fangs  flashed under the light.

"W-we couldn't break the curse but that doesn't mean we can't transfer it. I know it's terrible to place this burden on another person but it was the only way we could somehow save Olivia" Chester explained.
"What does this mean?" Damien asked and looked a bit more relaxed than before. So far so good.
"It means if my spelled worked, which I'm very confident it did, Olivia no longer carries the curse but her twin brother carries it instead" Chester said.

"Does this mean he is going to die in her place?" Damien asked. He was happy Olivia might make it this time but thinking something terrible might happen to her brother did not sit well with him.
"Not exactly. The Curse carries a short lived love which will always end in inevitable death. If Olivia doesn't carry the curse anymore that means you're free to love her with no more fears. Oliver might carry the curse but because he is not the one you love death will not be triggered. The curse is still there but as long as you don't fall in love with him he won't die. This means both twins get to live a full life and if this works then curse will end with Oliver" Chester was pretty happy how good the ending sounds.

"I thought you said the curse can't be broken. How does it then end with Oliver?" Damien asked still a bit confused about the whole thing.
"It won't be broken. It will just fizzle out because it's of no use if it does not fulfill it's purpose" Chester said and Damien nodded in response all anger gone. At least Chester will now live to see another day.

"You said IF your spell worked then all is well. What happens if things don't go as planned?" Damien asked in a calm tone. He had to be prepared for all possible outcomes because what is done has been done. There is no turning back now.
"The worst that could happen is that Olivia can still die but because she does not carry the curse anymore she will not be reincarnated again. Which means you will never see her again...This would be the last time" Chester did not like the way Damien's eyes kept flickering between red and black. Definitely a bad sign.
Soon he shut his eyes and took a deep breath. When he opened them they were back to normal.

"Okay. From now on Chester will live here. Since you are the masterminds who decided to alter my life I need you two here to monitor and keep the situation stable. Also I need you close so that when you mess up I don't have to hunt you down to kill you. So if you will excuse me I'm going to bed so that I can stay up all night thinking about this mess" Damien said before he stood up and headed upstairs.

"Damien" Chester called his name and he turned to face him with a tired expression.
"Make sure you don't fall in love with Oliver. If you do then we all lose."

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°

What do you think will happen?

Will Damien and Olivia finally have a happy ending?