But I Love You

Vee's POV

I stood there in the empty restroom of our collage cafeteria, dumbfounded by what just fell on my ears "I hate you!" replayed in my head once more as I stepped outside, did he really meant it or was it out of anger?

I don't  think I did anything to deserve such harsh words.

All I did was rub a hair out of ploy's eyes, well she did pulled me into a kiss but that was all on her. He didn't even asked my side and went out drinking with other people and made me jealous and now he says that he hates me. 'Who are you trying to fool even you know you are guilty' A subconscious thought came to mind as I was busy making excuses in my conscious mind.

Despite all that I was still worried about the younger having seen him throwing up like that I was informed that he went back to his dorm by one of the juniors. It's not that I didn't want to go check on him but I was warned not to by one of his friends whom I met at the main dorm gate, the the younger was already on his way to Mark's room with some rice.

"And why should I not meet him?"

"because I don't want you to." Said the guy in front with a straight face and I don't know with what right, just cause he is a friend?

"Why should I care what you want or not? I questioned arrogantly 

"You should care because Mark is my friend and right now you are hurting my friend and not just hurting, right now you are the most toxic person around him and I can't ignore that. So turn around and leave until he himself wants to talk to you but not now." James said; index finger pointed right at my face.

I was once again dumbfounded as I watched the boy walk away with rushed steps. Nothing he said was wrong, I had no answer or any way to defend myself from the accusation. I left the building with my head hung low staring at the floor as if I'd feel better if it swallowed me right that moment.

I searched my pocket for my phone after having it in my hands I took out a contact with 'Mark' written, opened messages and wrote a single line to make sure the younger knows how I felt at that moment.

"But I love you." I switched the phone off as I watched tear drops on the black screen in front of me.