Confrontation

Mark's POV

"Let's go for a drink to celebrate." I said as we walked out of the classroom after exams where James was waiting like usual. Today is the last day of exams week and we have been wrecking our brain studying for the past few weeks. I think it would be a nice change if we go out and relieve all that stress.

"Uhh... Sure." Said James in confusion as all three of them gave me a weird look. 'Why do they have to look at me like that?' I thought to myself but shrug it off. I know I have not been too active for a while but I still like a good outting to relieve all that stress from studying.

They did look at confused but didn't question anything so we made our way to a bar. 'Ah! I missed this atmosphere' I thought to myself as I remembered how fun it was to just go out and drown the bitter sweet liquid down my mouth. Why would I even stop going out and just letting myself lose like this? I questioned myself again as I take another sip from the glass.

"So what's the occasion?" asked Fuse

"What do you mean? Aren't we celebrating the last day of exams?" I asked in confusion

"Well I mean we rarely hang out together like this for a while so I thought it's something special." He replies with a weird look on his face which earns him a smack in the head from James as Kamphan and I laughs at them.

"Why did you do that?" Fuse asked rubbing his head.

"That's for your stupidity." James said signalling his hand up for another hit.

I just look at them with a smile I know James is always conscious around me and I feel bad about it but to be honest I am no longer bothered by these type of fun jokes. I got over it or maybe I think I did since I had not seen the older after that incident '2 months is a long enough time' I thought recalling the time in my brain, sighing in relief.

I, in a corner of my subconscious would actually like to confront the man to see how good I am and simply to just sort things out with him.

'Guess God is even listening to my subconscious wishes right now' I thought smiling as I saw the man in question walk inside the bar with his friends. This might not be a good thing and my mind would even tell me to ran again but weirdly enough I was calm this time, nervous yes but not scared as I was before.

It was never really fear it was a deep feeling of disgust and disappointment even at that time which led me to this point. The audacity of this man to call it love makes me want to laugh now.

"You are staring too much. Are you alright?" James asked worriedly again. Why does he have to keep worrying about me, it makes me feel bad.

" I am fine, was just thinking about something." I reply turning back to my friends with a smile before I could see Vee spotting us and walking toward our table.

"Can we talk?" an all too familiar voice spoke from behind us which made me turn around again.

"What do you want, can't you just get lost and mind your own business." James got all defensive as he spoke angrily.

"Sure I guess..." I said looking at Vee which made everyone there be dumbfounded like no one was expecting this but for me I really wished to clear things out, I didn't like how my friends treated me and were so aware of my presence.

The two of us got to an empty table leaving both our friends not too far from sight.

"What do you wanna talk about?" I asked with a straight face.

"I-I wanted to apologize." He shuttered but continued "I am sorry Mark" I don't know why but those words made me want to laugh which I suppressed into a smile.

"Okay" I said smiling, what else would he have expected to hear right.

"I miss you Mark." He speaks with sincerity written on his face like I am suppose to give some response.

"Yeah sure..." I reply to him with a sarcastic laugh escaping my lips.

"Are you really going to be like that?"

"What else do you want me to do about it?"

"You really don't care about me anymore?" he asks with teary eyes and I wish I could proudly say 'Yes I don't' but I am even ashamed for myself when deep down his presence still haunts me so instead I say nothing so he continue

"I am sorry for hurting you Mark, I know what I did was unforgivable and that I am being selfish right now." Well at least he knows "But I still love you Mark." He adds and my brain went blank for a moment.

"Love?" I scoff 'Wow the audacity of this man' I thought before speaking again

"Do you need a dictionary P'?" I asked mocking him but was replied with silence so I keep on.

"I don't think you have your facts straight so can you please be kind enough not to insult the word Love." I guess those were the words stuck as a lump in my throat for so long.

"Do you really hate me this much?" he finally speaks asking a stupid question.

"Hate? No P'Vee I don't hate you, not one bit just like love , hate is too deep of an emotion for me to feel towards you." That's true I don't hate this man I just want him to be of no value in my life so I can go back to my normal days.

"Can't you give me a second chance if I promise to change?"

"Can't you just stay out of my life and we can end this drama?" I asked in reply and was again hit by silence so I speak again.

"Second chance is given to those who mean something to you in life but to me right now you value nothing. Yes I don't hate you but I hate myself to have ever loved you. So can we just end this and stop going back and forth so I can live in peace?"

Again no words in reply as the man in front of me had started crying

"I hope you understand." I said again as I got up leaving the senior and went back to my friends who just ignored what they say and went back to drinking as nothing had happened.