I Am Stupid

3rd person POV

Mark woke up to a cold sensation on his forehead, still feeling dizzy from his fever. He turned his face to look out the window to figure out what time it was and apparently it was still noon. He turned back to look towards the kitchen counter after hearing a shuffling sound for it's direction and finds his friend struggling on the stove, probably not knowing what he was doing himself and it made the sick boy giggle.

James walked out of the kitchen rubbing the back of his neck in confusion and rushed over to the bed side when he saw the other boy awake on the bed.

"Are you alright? do you want something?" said James worriedly.

Without replying Mark just looked around the room which in his memory was a mirror image of a horror movie was now clean and normal, even the bed sheets were changed.

'James probably did all that' Mark though smiling a little before before speaking "No I am definitely dead." He spoke supposedly joking, the little smile still apparent on his face and earned himself some scolding.

"Why did you say that?" James asked angrily, putting his hand on the other's forehead to check temperature.

"Relax it was a joke." Mark smiled again

"Don't say that, not even as a joke and answer seriously how are you feeling now? are you hungry? should I heat up the porridge?" James asked again after realizing that his friend was still hot from the fever.

"Well not really hungry but you won't stop scolding if I say I won't eat right?"

"Of course I won't, you need to take this medicine to reduce your fever so you need to eat, I'll go heat it up" James said and walked into the kitchen before walking back out with a bowl. Mark sighed as he felt guilty to be causing trouble for his friend but at the same time he was relived to have seen him when he woke up and not the senior from this morning.

"Here let me help you up." James said, putting the bowl on the bed side table as he slipped his hand under Mark's head to support him up. Mark groaned as he tried to force his body up but even when all the weight was supported by James he still felt a numbing pain.

James sat Mark up, putting pillows behind him for him to lean on.

"Here open up." James said putting a spoon full of porridge near Mark's face. "Hmm!" he hummed raising his eyebrows when Mark didn't move his lips to eat.

"Do I really have to, I really don't feel like eating right now." Said the pale boy leaning his head away from the food as he looked at James with pleading eyes.

"Just eat it, even if only a few bites or I will take you to see a doctor." He threatened the boy which worked not because he was afraid of the doctor but he just didn't want to go to one for something like this.

He ate 4 spoons before retreating himself from the next bite holding his hands up indication that he won't eat more so James stopped and the bowl back on the table and gave Mark his medicine to take with water.

James worriedly looked at Mark who had gone silent and was staring the other way towards the window and into the void.

"Want to lay back down?" he asked to get get the boy's attention

"No!" Came the short answer.

"Want to watch TV?"
"No..."

"Eh! why not? it's time for your favourite show" Said James while grabbing the remote and turning it on but there was no response from the boy. Mark only turned his face towards the TV, not really watching it when James saw a few drops of tears escaping the pale boy's eyes.

"Why aren't you asking anything?" Mark said now fully crying

"Is there something you want to share, I will listen." James said patting the boy's head.

"You think I am stupid right?" Mark asked and james hugged the crying figure of his friend before whispering.

"Yes you are really stupid"