Paintball Warfare

1500 hours

Dorm

September 25th

Ben POV

I was just having a good day when the note appeared on my desk. I read it and then showed it to my pals.

"But we have to be careful," a kid named Jason said. "The place is not our land, its the Unions land."

"Union?" I said. Confused.

"Yep, spy schools to the north, and our spy schools to the south," I groaned. Every time it was a civil war code name.

"Im pretty sure they're gonna use the bull run tactic, so we have to get ready," Flapper replied.

"Whos, the general?" Chip said.

"Ben is" "What?" I replied. "You have the math skills, man. You could make calculations and then fire in the hole."

"But, Im not good with commandeering!" I said.

Flapper sighed. "Ok fine, I'll be general then. Let's use another tactic. Im pretty sure they have a sneak attack.

That caught my attention. "Wait, I think I have an idea, what if a small portion of the army is in the battlefield, and the other portion in the back of the field, so we can sneak attack?"

"That's a genius idea," Flapper replied. "It's like the time when Joshua defeated AI in the Bible, see I told you can be a general"

"I guess I am then."

"That tactic is awesome. Let's get to work" I smiled at this. Maybe I was the general. Or General Robert E Lee. But I remembered: The south lost the battle in the civil war, will we lose too? We weren't going for slavery. We had no slaves. And we had the same amount of people, so it varies on who wins.

"OK, how many people are in spy school 2.0?" I said.

"About 100 people, sir," Flapper replied.

"Ok, we'll send 50 in the front line, then 50 in the backline, we'll then make a circle around and then finish them off."

"Ok, sir, listen to General Robert E Lee; we will be grouped."

"Remember, try to get the best fighters in the backside, where we'll sneak attack," I replied.

"Ok, get ready for battle."

We got our paintball guns, and also a new weapon in school. It was called the Pazzuka. Dillian had found it when he secretly snuck in the weaponry storage at our new school.

He also found some other weapons, such as a paintball grenade and smoke bombs.

He even found a sedate bomb, but only found one. I told Dillian to use the sedate one when it was an emergency.  Dilian also said he got high marks on weapons and explosives, and that he will do the throwing.

We all got armed with explosives and gear, got our paintball guns, and made the sneak attack formation. We would go to the right backside of the backyard, where no one will see us, and then attack from behind.

We got ready and then headed towards the right back section. I saw a glimpse of the other team; they didn't look at us. I hopped Erica didn't see us.

She did, though, although it was too late when she alerted their team.

Then, the other team attacked, not at us, but the small form on the other side. This was our chance. We quickly shot from behind, tearing through the walls and into the other side.

We kept on shooting. The other team fired back, but we had more. Erica shot a bunch of paintballs at our team, but since this wasn't an exam, we didn't get out. Then, everybody teamed on Erica. They shot their paintball guns at her. She then lashed out karate kicks to cut the paintballs in half. Then she lunged for us. That's when Dillian threw the paintball grenade.

He then threw a smoke bomb for good measure. Erica got knocked back a little, but still ran towards us.

I then remembered, Erica could see through smoke bombs. "Don't worry," Dillian said. "I put extra powder in it; nobody can even see this."

I heard a yelp, following by someone smacking on a tree. To my surprise, I found myself grinning. I quickly turned the grin into concern. We still had to fight.

I shot at the students with my paintball gun, and Dillan fired more paintball grenades.

Soon, the smoke cleared out. Erica was on the ground. She was outraged and shot dozens of paintballs at me. I dodged every single of them, I had learned some tricks from Erica, and I was using it against her. What a sham.

I was starting also to get good at fighting. When Erica was about to lash out a karate kick, I deflected it, and then kept on deflecting. I also focused on my surroundings and hyper-awareness.

I saw Erica lash a punch and kick at the same time, I quickly mid jumped. I dodged her kicks. And for the first time, I felt rage. I felt like I was gonna fight back, but I didn't want to get pinned to the ground and get beat up.

Erica seemed to be winning over me, and I was struggling. Then, Flapper got a paintball gun and shot it at Ericas face. She winced.

She kept on shooting. Erica charged at her, but then everybody else fired. I then saw Dillian and the other people shooting paintball grenades.

The other team was regrouping, and they fired back at us. We kept on firing. This was a masacare.

Soon, all of the ammo ran out, and we started to fight with our bare hands.

I lunged for a kid my age, and judo flipped him. He gasped. I then pointed my paintball gun at him. I had one ammo left.

The kid raised his hands. 

I let go of him. He was gonna  attack again when I dodged the kick and judo flipped him back, without showing mercy, I shot the paintball gun into his face.

Then Erica tackled me. I knew I was no match for her.

She then punched me five times. She was gonna continue, but I dodged the punch and hit her back. Someone had got a snowball maker from our weaponry.

We then refilled it and attacked. But then the Northside got the advantage, and they beat us to crap. They were winning. We all then retreated.

"Aw, man!" Flapper said, annoyed.

She had bruises and welts.

"Let's go," I said. We went back to our school, where our professors were waiting for us in shock and impression.

The war wasn't over yet. It wasn't much of a war anyways, much of a competition, but it was a war.

We needed a victory.

And the victory was going to happen tomarrow.