the case- 12

(Continuation from previous chapter)

Yvette's pov

"EVAAAAA!" The familiar shrill voices rang through the room. It was the kids. Though it has only been a month or two, they still grew a little.

One kid that stood out was a girl who looked about five six ish? With her pigtails framing her face. She looked so cute.

"Are you okay?" I asked concerned. I was scared that she was in a similar shoes as me.

"Yo-you won't...won't hurt me ri-right?" She asked stuttering, with tears threatening to drop, shocking me but I nodded.

Bringing her to a room, she started to tell me what happened ever since I left. Turns out, she took over my 'job'. When she spilled a drink on Nolan, they made her do the work. This pack doesn't change their ways.

Guys! I found something on this pack. Meet me at my room! I mind linked them before bringing her to the room.

Footsteps trotted loudly and their loud voices scared her a little as she hid behind me.

"This is Hailey. Could you please tell what happens here" I asked softly, hoping she would have the courage to do so. To my surprise, she told them, a few tears trickling down. By the time she was done, everyone had a look of anger.

"Tyler"

"Thank you Hailey. I'm Isabelle!" Isabelle exclaimed in a calm tone, not too loud that would scare her but not too soft that she can't hear.

"Banner"

"Hazel. We have the same letter as the start of names"

"Hugo" He said while waving.

"Evan"

"Danielle, nice to meet you!"

"Jace!"

"Faith here!"

"Hey cutie, I'm Jade and my mate here Greg"

"He-hey I'm Hai-Hai-Hailey"

We chatted and bonded with her for a bit before her eye lids started drooping. "Go to sleep hunny" I cooed and soon she fell asleep.

"Can we get the elders and councils to come to the Dark Light pack tomorrow?" Evan called Heather, the temporary alpha.

"Well can't wait to remove him from his position" Evan said with a smirk. And it's not just any smirk. It's a Evan smirk. An Evan smirk is terrible. I shuddered at the thought of it.

Tuesday

The council and elders had just arrived. We have been spending our time with Hailey. We also told her about everything and she seemed to take everything well.

The council were seated at the side, acting as the jury while the elders run everything. The two head elders, elder Hayes and Johnson were in charge of deciding the fate of the high ranking positions and ruling.

"Today we are gathered to discuss on the removal of the alpha, beta, gamma, warriors, what not positions you hold. We found out from a child and a former member of Dark light pack on their inappropriate behavior towards the two" Elder Jones said in a strict tone, leaving no room for discussion what so ever.

"First, we have the defendants, everyone who is in the pack and the plaintiff, Hailey James and Yvette Winters. Now let's start" Elder Jones introduced.

"Hailey James, please start your statement" Elder Jones said.

"When Yvette left, I became her repl-replacement. My parents left me alone after I spilled a drink on alpha Nolan on accident. Then I was forced to cook and clean. They hit me a few times but they have all healed" She ended off her speech, before skipping to where we were.

"Good job Hailey! Give me a hi-five!" Greg exclaimed as she giggled, giving each of us a huge smile and hug.

"Yvette Winters please" Elder Jones called for me. "Start your statement"

I took a deep breath before beginning. "At the mere age of a few days old, I was hated from the minute I was born. Why you ask? Their favorite beta female passed away because of my birth. Only my father cared but he could not do much. I don't blame him though. Living without his mate was hard on him till he was killed in a rouge attack. I was only six when I was someone first laid their hand on me" A few tears slipped but I continued.

"The current Beta, my brother, was undergoing beta training when my father passed away. Of course, where would the blame go? Me. Ten years I had to suffer through the abuse, mental and physical, having suicidal thoughts. But I waited for my mate, to take me out of this hell hole but instead I got rejected. Nolan Davis. left and knew you all were not affected by my leaving. I got granted a second chance mate." I stopped, pausing to take a breath. People around gasped, including all the elders.

"But I got rejected by him again. The moon goddess or Laura made me a reborn" I said which shocked them all.

"The abuse, the chores, the thoughts, the taunts, everything shaped me the way I am today. I still get nightmares, flashbacks, which shows the effect of what happens to someone who went through ten years of abuse and constant putting down by people, especially my siblings. Thank you." I finished my speech before walking back to my new family. Family. I like that. A family who loves and cares, willing to do anything for you.

After our speeches, Nolan, my siblings, Xavier and others try to save their asses, giving crappy excuses like 'I was mentally unstable' and 'I was drunk and I did not know I did it'. The funniest one that was given was 'I had no idea that it happened'. 

"We have come to a decision, that being said, we think that the defendants are..." Elder Hayes said.
~~~
hey angels! new chapter is up! little cliffhanger for you! could any of you recommend me some teen fiction/humor books. be it yours or someone else's. i have been having a hard time finding good books that I would enjoy.
pS. attack?!
hope you have a great day and
don't forget to smile :)

-942 words-