Chapter 18: DATE NIGHT

Jhene:

3 days later

I ran around the bedroom in my apartment searching for the perfect pair of heels to go with this outfit I was wearing. Tonight I was going out on a first actual 'date' with Marlon but because it was the first time in 2 years that I was actually going out with a guy I didn't want to look over dressed because for one I didn't have a clue where we was going, and secondly I didn't want to seem overly eager but at the same time I didn't want to look to under dressed so after hours literally of deciding with Rob what to wear, I settled with a simple but cute outfit, a jeans skirt, a nude blouse, and a black blazer that I'd picked up from Dorothy Perkins.

"Ok so these shoes or these ones?" I asked Rob holding out a pair of nude pumps in one hand and the same shoe but in black in the other. Rob looked up from the magazine he was flicking through on my bed and scrunched his lips to the side, trying to figure out which shoe would look better,

"Put one of each on" he said, I rolled my eyes and quickly slipped on the nude pump on my left foot and the black boot on the right, Rob scrunched his lip again and scanned me up and down,

"Right one" he said before he focused back on the fashion magazine he was reading,

"Are you sure?" I asked looking in the mirror. They both looked cute on to be honest,

"Have I ever been wrong?" Rob asked rhetorically. He was right, Rob was never wrong when it came to fashion, makeup or hair, that's why I loved him so much, he was so gay he was perfect!

"This is true!" I mumbled, pulling of the black pump and throwing it in my closet, then pulling on the other foot of shoe, stumbling a little

"Now don't break your neck in those shoes girl!" Rob chuckled; I turned around and flipped him the bird,

"Robbb" I smiled walking over to him,

"What Jhene?" he asked looking up at me,

"Can you do my hair baby, please" Rob looked at me and huffed,

"You lucky you're my girl" he mumbled, getting up from the bed to get started on my hair.

***

1 Hour later, my hair and makeup was done to perfection, I was fully clothed and accessorized just right, Rob had just left my house about 10 minutes ago and Marlon had called me to tell me he was on his way now, I grabbed my Hermes bag and threw everything inside it that I'd need and sprayed my body with some Sex and the City perfume. I took one last glance in the mirror at my appearance and smiled, Rob had straightened out my hair for me so it I was hanging down the middle of my body and had a part down the middle to frame my face, I added one last coat of MAC tinted gloss to my lips and then grabbed my phones of the side leaving out of my bedroom and heading through to my kitchen where I sat my bag on the counter and grabbed a bottle of water out of my refrigerator to calm my nerves.

Nervous was least to say how I was feeling right now. I was very comfortable around Marlon because he had this chill vibe that I loved, and plus we'd been hanging out with each other a hell of a lot recently, but still I hadn't been 'out' with a man for so long I didn't really know what to expect. Come to think of it I'd never really been on a date before to be honest, by that I meant, someone actually asked me out on a date and I'd accepted, usually when I'd been out with a man it just was something that happened spontaneously, never anything planned. But this time it was different, I knew I was actually going on an official 'date' so I didn't know what the hell to expect.

Finally, after what felt like years of waiting because of my uneasy nerves a knock was heard on my front door indicated that he was here. I blew out a deep breath and grabbed my purse from the kitchen counter then made my way over to the front door, my heels clanking noisily against the wooden floor boards, before opening the door I smoothed down my hair slightly and rubbed the lip gloss I had on my lips checking myself in the mirror I had hanged up on the back of the door. Once I felt that I looked good enough to answer I unlocked the bolt on the door then pulled it open with a smile.