Chapter 82: Man To Man

Chris:

There should be a law written somewhere that prevents exes from calling, texting or even stalking you after a break up because it had been 5 days since I'd broken up with Jennifer and every single day for the past 5 days she'd done nothing but blow up my phone... non-stop. And if she wasn't blowing up my phone she was turning up at my front door unannounced. You'd think after her little revelation she'd leave me the fuck alone and let me be, but not Jennifer. She was persistent on the fact that she 'wanted to explain herself'; she needed her moment to clear her name, but all I needed was clarity and the results of this DNA test back so I could be sure what she'd said about Jeniece not being my child was true or not. She'd already lied about it before so confirmation was exactly what I needed. I'd sent off for a DNA test on Jeniece on Monday, according to the hospital it took 2 weeks for the results to come back. So now I was just playing the wait game.

I won't pretend, along with everything else that was happening, this shit was hitting me hard and honestly I didn't really know how to deal with it. Every body I spoke to in regards to the situation asked me if it was really worth finding out. My mom, my sister, even Joe didn't think it was worth it, I'd already built an undeniable bond with Jeniece, why bother breaking that now? But to me it was important. I needed to know so that I could determine if I was possibly gonna stay in that little girls life or not. There was a part of me that still wanted to be there for her, she was only 4 years old, she was my lil mama, my little princess, I was all she knew and I knew she wouldn't understand the reason I just up and walked out of her life all of a sudden, she'd probably blame herself and think she did something wrong as to why I wasn't there anymore.

But at the same time I felt like why bother being there for a kid that wasn't my responsibility? She was her mother's problem now. So why not just walk away; millions of nigga's did it every single day, to kids that were their own blood so why couldn't I?

This was a horrible situation that I wouldn't wish on no man, the only good thing that came from this was there was a possibility I wouldn't have to deal with Jennifer's ass any longer; but even that compared to what I might lose didn't seem that important.

I placed my car in park and then turned the engine off as I pulled up to the entrance of Cedars Sinai Hospital, after 5 long stress filled days this morning I finally got the call letting me know Asia was able to come home today. Baby Girl was doing well and I couldn't been more happier.

I opened the car door and let my feet hit the concrete. I watched as Mama let herself out before I locked the door and we trudged up the steps to the entrance.

"Ma you go and be with Asia, I'll be down soon, I just wanna check everything's okay with Jhene" I said to her as I handed Asia's stuff over to her. She agreed and then got of the elevator on the 4th floor whilst I continued up onto the 7th intensive care unit where Jhene was.

The past 5 days had been the longest 5 days of my life. Progression with Jhene didn't seem as if it was something to be happening anytime soon, whilst Asia got better, it seemed as if Jhene just stayed in the same exact state since she first arrived, she was still in a coma and doctors told us there wasn't much they could do whilst she was still in this state; basically hoping for the best was the only option they gave us.

The lightening to Jhene's room was dark, but it was filled with colourful flowers and balloons, and get well soon cards that had accumulated within this past week; all this shit she couldn't see but it was nice to see how loved she really was. I entered the quiet room and other than the beeping monitor beside her, it was the first time I'd come into her room this week and it wasn't a handful of people in here. "Hey Chris" Annette smiled as she greeted me, she was sat in the chair next to the bed with Jhene's pops sat opposite reading a newspaper.