Chapter 77: When It All Falls Down (Pt.2)

Chris:

"What you doing with my old phone Jennifer?" I questioned

"Because you went to prison Chris...Remember, for fucking putting your hands on me!" she spoke defensively.

"Yeah but when I came out, I specifically asked you were my phones was at and you told me you didn't know where they were. You said you hadn't seen them. So if you didn't know where they were at and you hadn't seen them, what the fuck are they doing in this fucking box in YOUR closet Jennifer?!" I yelled holding up both the Blackberry bold and iPhone 4 I had before I went inside. Now I was losing my cool. It's bad enough she'd had them all along but now she wanted to play innocent as if I was talking crazy!

"Pass me my stuff Chris!" She mumbled as she tried to grab the box out of my hands. I pushed her away.

"Answer my damn question!"

"What do you want me to say, so I had your phone. Big deal, you want me out so give me fucking my stuff so I can go!" She replied

"Nah you ain't getting away with this...what is all this shit?" I asked as I began snatching papers out from inside.

"Chris it has nothing to do with you, pass me the box!" She screamed still trying to grab it from me. I pushed her away as I snatched more and more papers out from it; it was filled with documents that looked like Doctors and hospital letters. When suddenly two foreign pictures caught my attention; pictures I'd never in my life got to bear witness too.

I picked them up and scowled in confusion. The black and white grainy image of an ultrasound wasn't clear but the name on the top of it definitely was...

I heard Jennifer breathe in deeply, almost as if she was holding her breath to prepare herself.

"Where the fuck did you get these pictures of my daughter from Jennifer?" I gritted out as my eyes skipped to the second picture of Asia, she couldn't have been any older than a month and she looked completely different, but I knew it was her.

I looked up at Jennifer "So you not gonna answer my question?"

"...I don't know" she whispered. A look of guilt was edged onto her face and her eyes told on her as she stared down at something on the ground,

"You don't know?!" I followed her stare and looked down at what she was staring at.There was an envelope on the ground, an envelope with my name written on the top of it, along with the address to this apartment.

"Before you pick it up, just let me explain" was all that I heard her say as I picked up the envelope off the ground.

I looked at her.

"W-when you were gone, she was writing you letters...fucking love letters...I don't know what they were" Jennifer quietly said.

"Who is she?" I asked. I already knew the answer but I wanted to hear her say it. Jennifer looked away and her nose flared.

"You know who.."

"Who is she?" I repeated myself. The look of disgust on her face would have been humorous if I wasn't trying my best to contain the anger that was bubbling to spew out from me, the saying of her name out loud was a struggle and I could see it, "Who is she Jennifer!" I yelled causing her to jump

"Jhene! Your EX girlfriend, your baby mutha!" she spat in disgust "That's who SHE is! She was writing you fucking love letters spilling out her whack ass heart whilst she knew you was in a relationship with someone!"

"Read it to me" I said to her handing her the envelope

She scoffed "Nah" she shook her head

"Read the fucking letter to me Jennifer!" I screamed on her.