Chapter 46: Trippin

Chris:

"So you had her crying?" I frowned as I looked up from the money I was counting at Mijo who was filling me in on what happened between him and Jhene the other day. It was me, Ty and Jordyn all chilling at my crib on a Friday night. Up until recently I hadn't seen or spoken to him or anyone else for a good week or 2, I'd been low key as fuck just pulling jobs on top of jobs on top of jobs with my partner Jordyn. Speaking of Jordyn. You know the saying never judge a book by its cover; well that was her. Originally I thought she was gonna be a uptight high maintaince bitch, but I was wrong. She was the complete opposite, real as fuck too. These past couple of days I must admit I'd really enjoyed her company. She was a cool chick once you got past the glamour exterior; she was like the female version of myself especially when it came to pulling jobs. She weren't fucking around when she said she put in work either, because I'm yet to see a woman break an engine and then ride out the way she did. She was definitely on her shit!
But back to what i was saying, right now my money was the only thing looking right in my life. Together me and Jordyn managed to make a total of 300gz in the space of the first 3 days. In order to stay fair we split 50/50 so we both walked away with 150gz, on top of that I had the 75 I had stashed away that I hadn't touched from Cass that one time. I'd say I was set for a good couple of months. Honestly I didn't need to pull jobs for at least 6 months but it was the adrenaline of the thrill that kept me pushing. Kept me pulling. I needed something other than a woman to keep my mind off the shit I was feeling right now, and even though Jordyn had kept my company these past couple days; my money just happened to be that thing.
"Bro I didn't even know she would start crying otherwise I wouldn't have said shit to her" Mijo said as tried to justify the fact that he'd made Jhene cry. I shot him a look and dropped the last stack of 10 on the table. Why this nigga thought it would be a good idea to try and 'talk' on my behalf to Jhene, I had no fucking clue!

"Well what the fuck did you say to her then? You must've said something to make her cry. Jhene don't be crying for just any damn reason!" I yelled at him. I weren't mad, but I was highly annoyed. Time and time again I told nigga's just don't get involved. When I was ready to, I could handle it. Shit between me and her was already rocky but now that this nigga had gone and opened his mouth I knew he'd probably just pushed it all the way down the hill. Especially if I knew Mijo the way I think I knew him; his brutal honesty probably made shit even worst to begin with.

"I just told her what the fuck you told me man. I ain't say nothing for her to start crying about!" Mijo yelled back at me
"What y'all over there bitching for man? Y'all know women be sensitive over the dumbest shit anyway" Ty mumbled adding his 2 cents in as he licked the blunt wrap he was rolling closed.
"Who's Jhene?" Jordyn asked looking at me,

"Don't worry bout it" I mumbled
"This nigga's ex girl who he stays pussy whipped on" Ty then answered her for me. I glared at him and then kissed my teeth and got up from the couch to call her, even though I'd told myself I was gonna leave her alone; I wanted to make sure she was alright at least; days later or not I know Mijo dumb ass can brutal as fuck sometimes and if he managed to make her cry, he definitely done said something his stupid as shouldn't have said! Something that had probably just dropped ME straight in the cross fire!
"Where you going nigga?" he called as I walked towards the door
"Don't worry about that. Next time don't open your fucking mouth Mijo!" I walked out the room annoyed as hell whilst I listened as the phone rang, and rang in my ears...

Jhene:

"Baby, your phone!" I heard Marlon call to me from my bedroom. I was busy feeding Asia who was sat in her high chair some of the rice from the Chinese take away I'd brought home. Not too long ago had I got in after I decided to spend the day just me and Asia in the little park down by where I lived, they had a little children's community day there so I just took her seeing as we had nothing else to do earlier and I was bored out of my mind! No lie I really enjoyed today though, it was fun just me spending time with my princess, just like how it used to be be prior to me moving back over here. I'd only been here like a month and a half and already I was really missing my old life. Honestly sometimes I'd wake up and feel like booking a flight straight back to Manhattan and just continue with my daily life before I came here. Just a few months ago things were so much simpler; I'd wake up knowing my simple day ahead of me. But now it just felt complicated, my life felt tilted and like it was getting ready to spin out of control again, but I didn't know when it was going to happen or even if I'd be able to handle it yet.
"Who is it?" I yelled back at him cleaning some of the sweet and sour sauce from Asia's mouth with the spoon.
Me and Marlon had been going together for about 2 weeks now and so far I was so pleased with my decision to give him a chance. Marlon, he took my mind of a lot of things. He made me feel like nothing else mattered when I was around him. He was so sweet and charming. And I know it was still early days for me to be saying this but; he was literally everything a woman would want in a man. He had independence, he was swarvè and honestly he treated me like a queen, he was even good with Asia once she'd finally warmed up to him. It did take a while for her to reciprocate to him though and at one point I was starting to think maybe she didn't like him but soon after the initial stages, she was fine around him.
"I don't know, number ends in 5501" he said, I screwed my face trying to figure out whose number ended in that, and then turned around as he was walking into the kitchen holding my phone out to me. I took it from him and then glanced at the number flashing on the screen and sighed, almost immediately recognising it.
"Ain't you gonna answer it?" Marlon asked when I set my phone aside.