Chapter 63: When Shit Get's Real

Jhene:

Before I knew it, I had Kyra frantically banging on Chris' front door. "Jhene open up it's me Kyra!" she yelled through the other side. It had been 10 minutes since Chris had left, 10 long depleting minutes that had been spent of me crying my eyes out of tears and blowing up Chris' phone trying to get a response. I'd felt like I'd cried more in these 10 minutes than I had in my 21 years of living. I was just so worried about what he was going to do. I was sick! I couldn't deal with not knowing what was about to happen and being stuck in this house alone. To make it worst he wouldn't answer his damn phone for shit. I was losing my mind.

As I pulled open the door, Kyra came barging in, hair tied up, no makeup and a pair of Adidas slides on her feet. "Jhene, Mijo just told me to come over here, what's happening with Chris...what's going on?!" she fired questions at me. "Ky I just don't know what to do!" I sobbed as I shut the door behind her "Why what happened with y'all- Oh my gosh!" she suddenly gasped in horror and her hand flew to her mouth "What the hell happened to your face Jhene!" she said as I turned face to face with her "I know Chris ain't put his hands on you did he..."

"NO!" I half shouted at her, I felt slightly offended that she'd even think of something like that. Chris was crazy but he weren't that crazy to ever put his hands on me. Kyra let out a deep breath of relief.

"Oh thank God. So what happened to you then, what's going on?" Her panic was back.

I walked with her into his living room and began telling her everything that had gone on within the past 48 hours of my life, starting with the fight between Marlon and Chris at my house, to me ending up in the hospital because of Marlon to Chris leaving this house with a gun. The more I began opening up about everything, the more emotional I got and then more tears came, my life felt like a damn movie script right now, I just couldn't believe what was happening. "I just don't want Chris to go and do anything crazy to him, he has enough to lose and now he won't answer his fucking phone Kyra!" I stressed reaching for my phone to call Chris' for the 100th time but Kyra quickly snatched it from my hand before could dial

"Are you serious....This man treated you like shit Jhene" she said slowly, letting the words sink in. "He trashed your home, called you outa your name, beat your fucking ass and then left you unconscious bloody and beat up in your own bathroom. And you're worried about what Chris is gonna do to him? Fuck that nigga, he needs to get his ass stomped the fuck out!" she played out the stomping motion. I just rolled my eyes.

"Kyra, Chris is on PROBATION!" I reiterated "Do you not get this; this isn't just some high school fight; this is his life! He has kids Kyra!"

"Okay, I get that but you also can't allow that dude to get away with what he did to you Jhene!" she yelled back "Look at your face! How can you be okay with that!?"

"I don't care about that shit" I screamed pointing to my face "it will heal fuck that shit! When I wanna deal with Marlon I'll deal with it but not like this Kyra!"

"Jhene you know Chris has got a temper, a bad one. How can you expect him to see you like that and not go and do anything? You gotta be kidding if you thought he-" mid-way through her sentence I just got up and walked out of the room leaving her alone. Just like that, the conversation was over. I was just tired of her trying to justify what was happening right now. Chris was tripping! He wasn't thinking straight and I'd be damned if he went to prison because he'd gone and done something outrageous at the hands of me. It felt like right now, I was the only one with a logical mind, of course I wanted Marlon to pay for what he'd done to me, but not if it included Chris getting himself in more trouble. No way! I had a child to think about, HIS child! If anything went down and Chris was found with that gun on him, how was I supposed to explain to Asia when she got older that her daddy was locked up in a prison cell doing 5 to 10 years instead of being at home with us? I couldn't have that shit on my conscience. I refused to have my daughter have to grow up one parent less like I did. I went through that shit and wouldn't wish it on no kid. So I had to do what was right to protect her best interest!