Monday morning

"Sara, hurry up!" I heard my mom yell at me from the kitchen.

It was Monday, the worst day for all human beings on this planet, and as usual, I was late for school. I groaned as I stood up, making my way to the washroom like a dead potato. I put on my uniform, brushed my hair and rushed out of my room without wasting a minute.

"Finally!" I heard someone say. I turned around to see Victoria, my best buddy, who lived next door.

As I walked out of my house, the sunlight hit my face.

"Ugh! My eyes are on fire!" I yelled. Vicky looked to me and rolled her eyes.

"Girl, will you stop being a

vampire?" She asked.

"Yes, I'm a vampire and I'm gonna bite you," I responded sarcastically. I glanced at the road and saw the school bus coming.

"Finally on time, huh?" I turned to my right to see Patrick, Victoria's brother and my best friend. We boarded the bus quickly and took our seats.

Ah, I almost forgot to introduce myself. I'm Sara Davis, just your typical teen. I love everything around me except Jason and sunlight. You'll surely come to know who he is, and you won't like him. Victoria and Patrick have been my best friends since birth. We've been through thick and thin together.

Once we reached our school, we got off the bus. In our school, students usually go to their lockers or friends first, then head to their classes. Victoria and I were in the same class. Patrick on the other hand, wasn't. His class was a few classes away from ours. I enter my class and take a seat. After finally sitting down, I realize.. I forgot my breakfast! Ugh!

"Sara, how long will you keep being late for school?" asked Victoria.

"What do I do now Vicky?" I ask, sounding disappointed. I picked a pencil up from my desk and complained, "I am so hungry, I could eat this pencil!"

"You're such a big idiot. It's unbelievable that you're a straight A student," she stated while folding her arms and staring at me gravely.

While I felt like I was dying of hunger and imagined all those savory, delicious foods I could have had right now, Mrs. Smith entered the class. Everyone went back to their assigned seats and settled down.

After what felt like hours, I was still thinking of food. The school bell rang, making me jump with happiness. It's a feeling only food lovers can understand. It was lunchtime and needless to say, I was starving. I happily jumped out of my seat and walked out of the class with Vicky, Patrick joining us as soon as we get out. We headed to the canteen and start chatting like we usually do. While Patrick and I were in the middle of a conversation, Vicky interrupted us.

"Um..Sara?" She asked, looking as if a murderer was gonna kill her.

"Yes, Vicky?" I answered, putting my steps to a hold.

"Can we-" she stopped as I bumped into a guy, tripping over his leg. I fell upon him, hitting my head on the ground with a loud thud. It took a while for me to realize that it was my nemesis, Jason! I got up as fast as I could to avoid embarrassment. As I told you, he isn't a good person.

"Watch where you're going Sara," he said with a cold voice as he stood up. I wished I could punch him. I stood up, rolling my eyes at his cold attitude.

"Excuse me, it was you who wasn't paying attention!" I almost yelled at him. I was so close to bursting out in anger.

Like a bomb ticking, ready to explode any second.

Why him? Oh Jesus, please help me out of this situation. I promise I'll start praying to you every day and night. I'll even stop hating Jason.

Within a few seconds, a huge crowd gathered around us.

"Um... we should stop them now or else she's so dead," Vicky whispered to Patrick.

Story by: ZaraHayat15
Edited by:Coconuts4u07

Jimais_Vu