In the Basement

"Sara, come here." Jason called me in a low voice. I slowly started to move towards him." What happened?" I whispered to him." Look as this." He said, as he showed me a piece of newspaper." Read this. I found this over here." He said as he pointed the shelves corner. I started reading it:-

On 20th October, 19XX, a dead body was found at 6th street. The body belonged to a girl named Lily Winchester, who was reported missing a few weeks ago along with her sister, Brooklyn Winchester. She was murdered mercilessly and was hardly recognizable to the police. After investigation, Lily turned out to be the daughter of Mr. Winchester Shaw and Mrs. Amelia Shaw, who were the rich CEOs of X company and ------ . Her sister, Brooklyn Winchester hasn't been found yet.

The other company's name. Again, somebody had deliberately tore it."That girl in the picture. Her surname's Winchester too. Could it be related to this?" I said to Jason. He was clearly shocked." I think I kn-" he stopped when Addison shouted," Guys! Come here." We all went there." What?"
Vicky asked." Look at this." Addison said." A diary?" Jason asked." Let's see what it says." Addison said as she flipped the pages." What is this? This person's handwriting is so weird." Addison said with a weird look on her face." Where did you find this?" I asked." Under the couch." answered Scarlett." Did you guys find anything?" Liam asked." Nope. Only records of the last hundred years." Patrick said."Let's keep it back." Addison said as she flipped the pages one last time. Something caught my eye. A picture.

"Can I get that diary for a while, Addie?" I asked her." Sure." She passed me the diary."But don't ruin it while you fight with Jason." She said." Do you except me to fight with that dumbass again?" I asked." You guys start fighting anywhere at anytime." She said. Actually, that's kinda true. I turned around to see Jason staring at me." What?" I asked." It's never me who starts the fight. It's always YOU!" He said."A misunderstanding." I said." You know what? If you never came here, it would have been much better." I spoke abruptly." Guys, it's not the right time to fight." Kylie said. "Whatever!" I took the diary which I had kept on the table outside the bedroom." Guys, come here." I said to my team." Why?" Jason asked." Just come here." I said. We went into the library and shut the door. I flipped the pages, looking for the picture."Look at this." I said as I showed them the picture."Sara, did somebody steal the picture from us and stick it there? Or....did the photo teleport?" Patrick asked."This is the other copy of the same picture, idiot." I said." Oh." He said." The face." Vicky said." It's not scratched." She continued." But it's blurry." Jason added." Take the photo." Patrick said." That is called stealing, you know." I said." Give it to me." He said. He took the photo and shoved it into his pocket." Let's return this to them." Victoria said. We both started heading to the room where Addie and the other were." Addie, thanks for the diary" I said as I handed down the diary to her. We started heading towards the library again again when suddenly, someone's phone started ringing." Whose phone is ringing! I said you guys to put your phones on silent mode." Addison scowled." Sorry, sorry." John said as he hurried to switch off his phone. "Whose there?" We heard someone's footsteps coming from the staircase." We're so screwed!" Scarlett said. Everyone started to panick." Quick! Everyone hide!" Addison said.

Story by   : Me, of course
Edited by : Coconuts4u07