The Weird Envelope

"Okay, so you're saying that we will have to sneak into that basement again?" Liam started.

"Ya." Patrick answered.

"There is no way! We were almost caught the last time we went there. What are we going to find there?" Scarlett asked.

"Last time, we did a big mistake. We should have checked the records carefully." Victoria said.

"The Winchester girl could have studied in this school." She continued.

"Okay, so let's connect the dots. We found the photo belonging to a Winchester girl. Then the newspaper, Brooklyn and Lily Winchester. Lily was murdered. Had rich parents, Winchester and Amelia Shaw. They were actually kidnapped. Both of them could have studied in Mayfall High. Then the diary, which had the same picture. The room, washroom and the kitchen means that the owner of the school must have lived in the basement. But the weirdest thing is, why was he having the picture?" Jason finally finished.

"Wow, man. That's why you should hang out with us. You will surely get some brain." Patrick said.

"We have to find the owner of the school. And the basement, we'll think about that later." I said.

"And the camera, we almost forgot about that." Scarlett reminded us.

"Ugh, my poor brain cannot think this much." Jason added.

"Let's go." Liam said. We stood up and started to leave.

"Aren't you going to throw that cup?" Liam asked.

"This is the first time someone said that I am pretty." I said.

"He must have meant petty." Jason added. Everyone chuckled.

"Nope, he's not like you." I said.

"Yep, nobody can be as great as me." He answered back. I just ignored him.

"So where now?" I asked.

"Group study. Finals are coming up." Vicky said.

"What? They're two months away. Can't we take a break?" Patrick said.

"Nope. It's better if we start studying now." She said. We do group study every Saturday.

"We'll study in your room, because it's pretty huge. Don't want creepy people to watch us." Scarlett said.

"Hey, we have been studying for the last two hours." Scarlett said.

"It's lunch time, man. " Jason added.

"Fine. Let's have our lunch." Vicky said, putting all the notebooks in her bag.

"We have already spent a lot of money. We should have our lunch at home." Scarlett said.

"Okay then, tidy up. I'll prepare the lunch." Vicky stood up and headed downstairs. Whenever Vicky makes anything, she makes it perfect. We started cleaning up when my phone rang.

"Huh? Unknown number." I said to Scarlett.

"Pick it up and keep it on speaker." She replied. I picked it up and asked,"Hello, may I know to whom I am speaking?"

"Oh, Sara. It's me, Eric." He answered.

"From where did you get her number?" Scarlett shouted.

"Ugh, just don't mind her." I said.

"Whatever. Today, when I went out to check the mailbox, I found a weird, black letter from an anonymous person. Can I come to your house right now?" He asked, sounding pretty hurried.

"Sure, we will be waiting." I answered back.

"See you in a minute." He hung up as soon as he said this. We all were curious to know what that letter was about.

"Guys, lunch is ready." Vicky shouted from the kitchen. We started heading downstairs, washed our hands and took our seats.

"Hey Vicky, Eric is coming. He said he wanted to show us a weird letter." I said.

"What?" Vicky said, keeping the soy sauce on the table.

"Ya." I replied, wondering what it could be.

"Let's just eat." Jason said, impatiently. A while later, the doorbell rang. I hurried up to open it.

"Hi." Eric said.

"Hi, come on in." I greeted him in.

"Have a seat." Scarlett said.

"Here's the envelope." Eric handed it out to me. I examined the envelope carefully. I slowly opened the letter.

"Huh?" I said.

"What?" Liam asked curiously. I pulled out the letter from it and showed it to them. Vicky took it from me and examined it carefully.

"It's an invitation to a party." She said.

"What?" Liam said. Vicky held the letter with both her hands and read:-

"I know what you people are looking for. Also, thanks for collaborating with our company. We have got another mission. Tonight, there's a party which will be held at House no.15, 19th street. The party is at 7 PM. The money and the suitcase will be kept in the basement's second room. Once the work is done, please come to the assigned place by the 30th of February. About the looks? He is in his 30's, has a mole near his right ear, doesn't have a beard or mustache and has pierced both of his ears."

We all were shocked.

"Seems like the letter was for a murderer." Jason said.

"Anything else in the envelope?" I asked. Vicky took out a small card from the envelope.

"A visiting card. B & D. Weird name. No adress or anything." She said as she showed us the card.

"I don't wanna get involved in this." Jason said." Wait. Victoria, your dad works in the police headquarters, right? Then hand down this letter to him." He continued.

"Nope. I don't think we should get the police involved in this." Vicky answered.

"Guys, I don't understand. Ever since that photo thing happened, weird things keep happening with us." Scarlett said.

"This and that are not connected." Liam said. We all fell silent.

"We are going." Vicky said.

"Where?" Patrick asked, confused.

"To the party." She replied.

"What?" Eric said. This decision of hers almost made me jump off my chair. Criminals? Frickin' no.

"Finish lunch, head home, take rest 'cuz we have a lot to do tonight, get ready and meet us at 16th street by 6:45." Vicky said to everyone.

Vote if you love oreos.

Story by   : Me, of course
Edited by : Coconuts4u07