The Party

"You ready?" Patrick knocked on the door." Yep." I said as I opened the door." This is the first time I've seen you wear such clothes." He said. True, though. I never wear such exposing clothes. Don't think of anything indecent! I'm just wearing a pink colored dress that is sleeveless and kinda short. I started running down the stairs." Sara?" Vicky shouted from the main door." Yep." I answered." Hurry up!" She shouted again." Coming!" I yelled back as I hurried to reach the main door. I hate heels. Sneakers are much better. I took the keys and locked the door. We started walking towards house no.15, which is kinda far from here. A while later, we crossed the 7th street." Dude, can you give me piggyback ride?" I asked Patrick." I wish I could. My legs are wobbly from all the basketball I played today." He said." Here. I knew that would happen." Vicky said as she passed me a pair of sneakers." You are the best!" I shrieked as I took my heels off and wore my favourite sneakers.

We had finally reached our destination and a few moments later, we met the others." Cool, let's hurry up." Patrick said. Everyone looked amazing. Looks like they took the party thing seriously. I walked comfortably in my sneakers. Suddenly, someone grabbed my hand. I turned around to see Jason smiling at me." What?" I whispered." Nothing. Just walk with me." He answered." Why?" I asked." Because I want a pretty girl by my side." He said with a little wink. I just ignored it." What happened to Diana? Is she now your ex no.11?" I asked, changing the topic." Nope. Ex no.26." He answered." What! Aren't you ashamed of breaking people's hearts?" I asked." Why should I be? I'll get another one soon." He continued." Every girlfriend of yours doesn't last longer than a week." I said." Oh, so you keep a track of it?" He asked." Everyone knows." I answered. I kept quiet and moved away from him.

"We're here." Liam said, as we all stood in front of a huge house which was decorated with bright yellow lights and had a huge board in front of it." 50th Anniversary of N company." I read." Looks like we're in a business party." Scarlett rolled back her eyes. We slowly entered into the house." What a huge crowd!" Patrick exclaimed." N company is one of the most successful companies in the country." Vicky whispered. She gestured us to walk in and act as normal as possible. We went into the crowd and tried to be as normal as we could. I looked for the man as described in the letter. A while later, I realized that it isn't easy to find a particular person in such a huge crowd." Did you find him?" I asked." Nope." Liam answered. Everyone had that worried expression on their face." Let's just go to basement." Scarlett rubbed her head. We slowly sneaked out of the hallway and searched for the basement door." We gotta split up." Patrick said. Vicky, Patrick and me headed towards the left side while the others went towards the right. We walked quietly for a while." Let's ask someone around." I turned to Vic." Have you lost it? How are we even gonna do that?" She asked." Just wait." I looked around for someone until I came across a tall man who was in black. Creepy, right? What could I do? He was the only human around. I walked towards him and greeted him." Nice party, right?" I asked." Yes, it surely is." He smirked. I don't know why but that creeped me out." Does this house belong to the....um...." I forgot the owner's name. Screw it!

"Oh the CEO, Mr. Edwards? Yes, it is his house. Why do you ask?" He answered, plus questioned." My dad knows him really well." I lied." Oh I see." He kept his hand on the table. Well, that was smooth. After a while, I picked up a glass of juice and intentionally poured it on my dress." Ah!" I exclaimed." Oh dear! Do you have any extra clothes?" He asked as he turned to me." Yes. But where do I change? All the rooms are occupied and the washrooms are really far from here." I acted." Wait, I'll get someone." He said. While he looked around for the waiter, I gestured Vicky and Patrick to follow me. A waiter approached me and took me into a long hallway with several rooms. We kept walking until we came across a room. The weirdest thing was, that the room next to this room, had two bodyguards standing near it. Wait, now I see. It was the leading to the first floor." Here. You can go inside and change." The waiter walked away. I acted cool, entered the room and changed my clothes. After changing my clothes, I explored the room and examined every single thing in it. There weren't many things though. A few moments later, I sat down on the bed since I couldn't find anything. I gave it one last try. I picked up the mattress and looked for the other letter. Still nothing...