At the Hospital

We both stared at each other for a while. Suddenly, I started feeling dizzy and everything blacked out. The last thing I remember was someone whispering my name in a clear yet creepy manner.

~

I woke up to find myself in the hospital. My head felt dizzy and my mouth tasted kinda metallic, like blood. I moved a bit and started looking around.

"Sara! How are you feeling?" Vicky asked, sounding tensed. "Kinda good right now." I said."What just happened?" I asked her." So, you-" Before she could finish her sentence, Patrick came in, slamming the door open. He came in and hugged me tight." Sara...Are you okay?" he asked with his teary eyes fixed with mine." Bro, chill! I'm okay!" I assured him. Patrick cares a lot about us.

"When that necklace of yours started glowing, your skin went pale and you um started spitting blood. It shone really bright. I felt a sudden chill and I swear I heard someone say your name. I called the ambulance right away. Do you remember anything?" she asked."Gross! I can barely remember anything. Woah, even I heard someone say my name!" I replied with a shocked face.

"You know what?" I said," Tha-" I paused. A chill ran down my spine. I heard someone say my name again, in the same manner." What happened?" asked Patrick.

"No, nothing. Just thought of not bringing that up." I said. I was confused. What was it?"Don't lie, Sara." said Patrick." It's her." My heart was beating really fast.

"Who?" I asked curiously."Chloe." He answered."What?" said Vicky, turning to Patrick.

"Are you serious? You're seeing things, bro." Ever since Chloe, Patrick's ex-girlfriend, passed away, he started seeing her everywhere."It has been a month now. Try to move on!" said Victoria, sounding pretty annoyed.

"What can I do if I see her everywhere?" answered Patrick in the same tone.

~

It was December. My favourite month. Patrick, Victoria and I decided to hang out together and prepare for Christmas, which was just a week away. We went to mall, did some shopping, and it was our typical hang out routine. On our way back, Patrick called someone. Must be his girlfriend, Chloe. Patrick always chats with her. But nowadays, things are not good between them. They always seem to be ignoring each other. After hanging up, he came and said," Can we stop by Chloe's house?" Victoria and I exchanged looks and said," Sure." Victoria then whispered to me, " The time has come. It's about to go down the drain."

Story by : Me, of course
Edited by : Coconuts4u07