School Basement

"Hey, what are you looking at?" I asked when I noticed Patrick staring at someone." Them." he said as he pointed to the table where Jason and Brittney were sitting." Whatever." I said as I rolled my eyes away from them." You're jealous, right?" he said." Seriously?" I was annoyed." Anyway, I came to know that you and Vic are working for the spy team. Is it true?" he asked." Did Victoria tell you that?" I asked." No, Dad told me that." he answered." Hey!!" I heard someone shout." I turned around to see Addison, my other neighbor and my good friend. She too, studies at the same school.

"I have fresh news." she said. She is the queen of gossips in our school." What?" Patrick and I asked curiously." There's currently a rumour going on that the school basement is haunted!" she said, sounding pretty excited." Nah, those are fake." said Patrick."These are not fake! Wanna explore the school's basement tonight?" She asked, hoping for a yes from us. Patrick and I exchanged looks." What time and place. And are the others joining?" Patrick asked." Yeah, Eric, Liam, John, Scarlett, Kylie, Me and your sister. At 11 o'clock, in front of the back gate of our school." she said."Hmm, Okay. What about you Sara?" he looked at me."Fine, I will join you guys." I said. I love exploring new places, especially when they are haunted. I looked up at Addison as she pulled out a paper and handed it to me." What's this?" I asked." All you have do is sign over here," as she pointed to the area," and once you agree with this, you have to come." She said." Okay." I said as I signed it. After that, I passed it to Patrick." Here." he said as he gave it to Addison." See ya later!" She said, waving her hand at us.

"Let's head home." I said." Mind stopping by our house?" He asked." Of course not." I answered. We started heading home. We chatted about some school stuff on our way. Somehow, he brought up the question which he had asked me a hundred times," Sara, you seem distracted these days. Something on your mind? Feel free to tell me." I was really annoyed by this question.

"Bro, for the hundredth time I am telling you, I AM TOTALLY FINE!!" I answered."Geez! Keep it down we are in public." he said. I looked around to see people staring at us, or rather, me. Embarrassing.

It was 10:45. I was waiting for Victoria and Patrick outside my house. Mom wasn't home so, Aunt was taking care of me. I had snuck out of the house. This was my first time." Sara!" I heard Patrick whisper. I waved at Vicky and him. "Let's go." said Vicky. Vicky is usually really busy, so I don't get enough time with her. She has dance and vocal classes, with each class lasting for 2-3 hours.

We reached school at 10:57. We started heading towards the back gate and saw Addison." On time!" She said." Come with me." We followed her to the back gate to see others. Eric, Liam, John, Scarlett, Kylie and.....

"Wait, WHAT?" I said. Jason. Like, seriously. What on earth?! I went to Addison and asked," What the hell, Addison! You didn't say that he was coming." She thought for a moment and said," He joined after you. You don't have anything to do with him, right? Let's just do our work." She moved towards Scarlett and discussed about the plan. I stood there and stared at him for a minute." What? Why are staring at me like that?" He asked. I just moved away. This won't go well....

Story by : Me, of course
Edited by : Coconuts4u07