Someone familiar

It's a photo of a girl. I stare at it for a while and examine it."Guys, look what I found," I stand up and walk towards the others.

"That's a really old picture, girl. Where did you find it?" Victoria scans it. I point at the corner where I had found it.

"But who would keep it there?" Patrick squints his eyes since he forgot his glasses today. I turn around to look at their expressions. Victoria and Patrick were surprised and excited at the same time. I turn to Jason, who is so shocked that he nearly turns pale. He stands like a statue for a while, until I shake him violently, just to annoy him.

"Jason, You alive?" I say as I shake him.

"Ugh, of course!" he says, annoyed, pushing my hand off his shoulder. Mission accomplished.

"Guys, I am so tired at the moment that I can fall and sleep on the floor. Can we go home and discuss about it there?" I ask, putting the mope and bucket in the storeroom.

"Yes, it's pretty late now," answers Patrick. Vicky then takes the picture from Patrick's hand.

"I'm taking this picture home. Is that okay?" I nod my head. She then pulls out a notebook from her bag, opens it and places the picture carefully.

After I reach home, I feel really exhausted from all the cleaning I have done today. I head towards the kitchen to have some water. I grab a glass and fill it with some fresh, cold water. I sit on the couch when something catches my eye. A note. It is kept on the table. Wait, is that for me? Maybe be a love letter. I tell myself. I happily pick it up, expecting it to be from a secret admirer, unfold it and start reading it.

______

"Dear Sara,

I had some urgent work out of town, so I had to go. It was all of a sudden that's why I forgot to make lunch. I will be back by this evening. I have kept some money on the kitchen counter. Buy lunch for yourself and also, buy some groceries. The list is with the money.

Your lovely mom❤ "

________

Okay, nothing like that. A huge misunderstanding. Agh, my mom usually leaves me home alone because she's busy all day catching those crazy criminals, solving weird cases and doing all those paperwork from her job. Being an FBI agent isn't a piece of cake. She leaves me with my spoiled cousin, Sophie, for weeks, which is really annoying. She keeps torturing me and always asks me to play with her. Geez, I am feeling really tired. I just want to plop down into my bed, sink into it and take a nice nap. But I am also hungry. Guess I'll have to go out now, I think to myself. I put the note back on the table and go upstairs to have a nice, warm shower to get rid of all the exhaustion. After the shower, I get out and wear my favourite pine-coloured pinafore with a black top, black leggings and black heel boots. I brush my hair a bit, take the list and the money purse, put it in my pocket and started heading towards the grocery store. I slowly start walking to my right but then pause when I see someone familiar.

I'm extremely sorry if my chapters are really short. I promise I'll work on them. 😅

Story by : Me, of course
Edited by : Coconuts4u07