Chapter Twelve

Leila's P.O.V

"You're something." He laughs but genuinely laughs, to the point that his head falls back as he places his hand on his stomach and I can't help but laugh along with him. He's become so comfortable around me but I can also say the same. I told him things that I wouldn't usually tell, I've been told that talking to strangers is better than talking to those whom you know. The problem was he was once a stranger; the more I exposed my stories to him the more he came to know me. I was in love with the idea of him holding so many of my precious secrets; secrets that gave him the power to destroy me. The thought of him having that power both terrified and amused me. 

"What are those?" He ask's as he gestures at small notebook that I had been writing in, prior to him interrupting me.

"Just my journal." 

"Just a journal?" He questions as both he pouts his bottom lip and knits his eyebrows together.

I shrug. "It's just a journal." 

"No babe, it's not just a journal." He mocks me as he reaches over and traces his long slender fingers around the beautiful carvings embedded on the cheap thing.

"This is your sea." He states rather calmly as he begins to turn it around, examining the small details.

"Your sea of thoughts, things that are far out from anyone's reach. Including your's. It lays at bay when you're writing the thoughtful things that twist in that mind of your's, as you come to an end, they drift away. You will never come back to read them. They're memories or thoughts that lay deep in the sea and undiscovered." His green eyes come back to meet mine as he smirks and places his hand on top of mine. I can't seem to get enough of him. Listening to his stories and having the privilege to read through some of the small notes he makes, feels incredible.  

"Do you know this song?" He ask's as I look at him in confusion. Of course the small shop had soft music playing in the background. I had been in deep thought about Harry that I had completely blocked out the music and the couple that sat only a few feet from us. 

"The Mortal Boy King, right?" I answer as he nods his head and smiles.

The thought of never seeing him again soon clouds my mind. He was intriguing and his charming personality had an effect on me.I've known him less than a month and my feelings for him have bloomed.  I love the small things he does, like when he tugs on his bottom lip with his thumb and index finger. A habit he was unaware of. Or when he gathers his hair and pulls it back to tie it with his black elastic hair band when the ends start to tickle his neck. 

"What are you thinking about?" I feel the his warm hand rest on top of mine, settling the small goosebumps that began to rise as the crisp air is let in by new customers. 

"Walk me home?" I respond in a rather quiet tone.