-2-

Here is the thing about Velda, after raising herself and being outside most of her life, she has made an odd connection with animals, almost like they talk to each other, but in reality, they just understood what the other meant. So when Vel woke up to soft chirps in her ear, she realised the sun was rising and that she needed to get dressed and run to school. 

Luckily, she can run a mile in about four minutes, so once she had a pair of jeans on with an oversized sweater and her flats in her bag, she took off running, not stopping until she made it to school, panting lightly with a smile on her face. Velda pulled her shoes out of her bag and slipped them on before walking into the loud hallways as she picked branches out of her dark, curly hair.

“Hi!!” A random boy exclaims from behind Velda, making her shriek and spin around, only to notice the male omega, “Sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you, I just wanted to say hi, my name is Seokjin. My mate is the school representative, so by default, I get to show new omegas around and since you’re the only unmated omega student, we have to get you an emergency button, so follow me!” Seokjin exclaims and Velda simply nods, carefully tiptoeing behind him until he stops in the office, “How do you know who I am?” She asks timidly and he grins, sliding a ring onto her right ring finger.

“It’s my job, now, press the rings’ gem three times if you are ever in danger in the school and me and my mate will come running. Now, how about we get you to your class? Do you have any health restrictions?” The elder asks while handing her a schedule and she nods, “I can’t see from very far away,” She mumbles and he nods, “Do you have glasses?” He asks and when she shakes her head without even looking at him, he frowns. “Let’s go see if Joonie has a spare on him today and you can just return them when you get your own.”

“Thank you,” Velda says and looks at the paper before frowning, “Is something wrong?” Seokjin asks, looking down at the short girl, “Um,” Velda starts, realizing she doesn’t recognize the language written on the paper, “What language is this in?” She asks, feeling really stupid while Seokjin gasps, “You can’t read Korean?” He asks and then she comes to a realization, Tao is Chinese, he knows Chinese, therefore, he probably taught her Chinese. “Apparently my friend has been playing a prank on me for a couple of years. I know how to read Chinese, and can speak a couple of languages.”

Seokjins eyes kind of pop open when she says ‘couple’ of years, meaning she hasn’t known how to read for very long. “That’s okay, Joonie and I will work something out while Hoseok and Jungkook teach you some stuff about the school,” Seokjin says, pulling the girl into a room with six other males in it, four alphas, two omegas. “Nobody told me a female omega was coming to the school!” The bunny looking omega whines and Velda giggles as his mate grabs him by the ear, “Jungkook, respect,” The grumpy male growls and Jungkook whimpers his submission before shaking it off and running up to Velda, “Hi, I’m Kookie!” He states with an outstretched hand that Velda happily shakes, “I’m Velda.”

“Oooh, foreign!” The smiley one says before shrinking under the gaze of two alphas, “I’m Hoseok,” He says and Veldas grin widens, “I was born here, but my mother is Icelandic,” She says, her blue eyes squinting around to see some more facial features of the people surrounding her. “I’m Yoongi,” Jungkooks alpha says and Hoseok rushes to his alphas, “This is Taehyung and Jimin!”

“Velda, try these,” Seokjin says, bounding out of the break off of the room with a pair of glasses, “Thank you,” She mumbles, sliding them on and gapping at what she sees, “You’re really pretty,” Velda gasps, thinking the same about all the others as they laugh at her. “Usually people notice when they first see him, but since you needed glasses, I’ll forgive your late reaction. I’m Namjoon,” A purple haired male says, walking up behind Seokjin and wrapping his arms around the blonde, “And since you only know how to read Chinese, I will get your assignments from your teachers and help you after school,” The representative says and Velda frowns, “I have work after school.” She states and everyone's eyes widen.

“But you’re an omega,” Hoseok says and Velda stares confusedly, “So? What does being an omega have to do with having a job?” She asks and Jimin’s jaw drops, “Nobody, except strip clubs, hire omegas,” He says and Velda wrinkles her nose, “Ew, no, I’m a gardener for the chief of police,” She gasps and the seven boys sigh in relief.

“Good, then I guess I will get you out of a class period and tutor you then. But for now, you need to go with Jungkook, Hoseok, and Jin to take a placement test,” Namjoon says while waving as the three male omegas drag her out of the room, “What is a placement test?” She asks and the three look at her in disbelief, “What? I’ve never been to school!” She exclaims and the three share a look of worry before continuing to guide her to a classroom, past a bunch of curious alphas and betas.

“It basically will tell the school what classes to put you in as well as gra- are you okay?” Jungkook starts, cutting himself off when he notices the female omega sniffing around, turning back to him when he acknowledges her, “Everything smells really good, like lavender and rain,” She mumbles looking around while Seokjin gasps, grabbing her and running to the omega bathroom. 

“Why did you bring me in here?” Velda whines and the three boys gap, “If you get surrounded by a scent, it means your mate is close, did you not know that?” Hoseok says and she shakes her head. “Have you ever had a heat?” Jungkook asks and groans when she shakes her head, “Tao gave me medicine to keep it from coming since I don’t live in a place with a lockable room.”

“Okay, well,we need to go find out who your mate is before they go on a rampage looking for you,” Seokjin grumbles and Velda wiggles out of their tight grips on her arms, “Can we just go do that pretest thing? I don’t want to be late,” She whispers and they gasp, “Oh my god, we’re late!”