-9-

The first two days are spent cuddled up in bed with Sunmi massaging Veldas cramped belly. Shocking thing about female omegas, heat doesn’t make them horny. Sex would make the pain go away, but other than the bleeding that follows, it’s just like having a bad period every three months.

The third day, Wednesday, is when problems started to arise. Velda was in so much pain she couldn’t stand or move and since Sunmi had to clean the heavy flow of blood up every few hours, the alpha wanted to mate the omega just to make her pain stop, but she resisted and just gave as much comfort as possible. Belly rubs, scenting, heat pads, a lot of advil, cold rag wipe downs, and any food that Velda could keep down. 

It was the fifth day when Sunmi had to make a phone call. Velda kept slipping in and out of consciousness, so a blood transfusion would have to be necessary. Mark was currently on his way over while Sunmi followed his instructions of scenting Velda to put her in an almost drugged state, but where she would listen to anything her alpha told her to do.

Mark had ended up using coconut water for the transfusion because it was less likely that Veldas body would reject it. And he was right, within three days, Velda was sane again and only suffering through her last day with light cramps and light flow. But Sunmi was still coddling her and trying to stay home from school.

“I’m fine, now! We have to go because I want to learn to read Korean!” Velda groans as Sunmi blocks the path to clothing. “How about we go see Seokjin Hyung?” Sunmi says. The alpha didn’t want Velda to be in a position where she wouldn’t say something about not feeling good, so she was happy when her suggestion intrigues the omega. “Jinnie?” She questions and when Sunmi nods, she sighs, “Fine, but we have to stop by Tao’s so that I can explain what’s going on… and smack him for teaching me Chinese.”

“OH MY GOD, YOU’RE ALIVE!” Tao exclaims, tackling Velda in a hug when she knocked on the door. He just screams and jumps back when Sunmi lets out a low growl and pulls Velda back. “And you have a mate,” Tao adds, with a slightly terrified smile. “Who has to teach me how to read Korean,” Velda continues, cracking her knuckles and as soon as Tao realises what she was about to do, he takes off, screaming. 

“That’s all, I don’t feel like running, so we can go now,” Velda says and Sunmi chuckles, throwing an arm over her shoulders as they walk back to the car. Tao had made his way back to the door and yelled, “My parents want to have dinner some time this week, call me so we can set it up!” Velda held up a thumb before hopping into the car and holding her mate's hand as the alpha pulled out and drove to the mall. 

“Speaking of, what about your parents?” Velda asks and Sunmi grins, “They’re trying to get off work for a few days to come meet you. They’re in America right now, but they should get here some time this month. They just might scold us for you not being pregnant.” 

“Maybe next heat,” Velda says and Sunmi grins, “Sounds about right. The baby would be born right after we graduate,” The alpha says and Velda nods, “In three months, I think we’ll be ready.”