-8-

The two took the weekend and Monday to get to know each other. They had a few arguments, somehow, but they were solved within minutes when both sides apologized. Now they are back at school, holding hands as Sunmi walks Velda to her class. 

“I want to be in your classes,” Velda whines and Sunmi shakes her head, “No, you have omega only classes in the morning, but I’ll see you at break and then we have the rest of the day together,” The alpha reasons, pecking her mates lips as Seokjin, Jungkook, and Hoseok walk up. 

“Calm down, we’ll see you in a few hours,” Hoseok mumbles, pulling Velda into the classroom. “What class is this?” Velda asks, noticing all of the birthing books on the shelves. “Anatomy and Biology of the omega,” Jungkook shrugs and Velda nods, noticing that more than half the class was sporting a baby bump or morning sickness trash can.

“We don’t switch classes until free period because this class lasts about two and a half hours,” Seokjin says, leading the way to a table, “They only give this class to omegas with mates, which is why your schedule changed over the weekend.” Velda nods again, sitting down and releasing a big yawn.

“Did you sleep any?” Jungkook chuckles and she shrugs, “fourteen hours with two hour naps in between should have been plenty, but I’m still really sleepy,” Velda mumbles, leaning against Seokjin and snuggling into his chest, letting out a content sigh as she starts to drift off to sleep.

Though, the looks of worry on the others faces would have done well keeping her awake if she had seen them.

“What do you mean, she slept through the entire class?” Sunmi whisper yells as the four omegas and their mates walk to an empty lounge area, though, Velda was koala-ed to Seokjin, still sleeping. “It doesn’t really matter, our teacher only had stuff on male omegas, so he is going to print some more plans for tomorrow, but I think she is going into pre-heat.”

“That would explain why she slept so much over the weekend,” Sunmi mumbles, petting her mates head. “She okay?” Taehyung asks as everyone walks in, him and Jimin quickly pulling Hoseok into their laps and nuzzling his mating marks. “Pre-heat,” Hoseok sighs, relaxing their holds. “Maybe you three shouldn’t be around her, then. It could make your heats come faster,” Namjoon advises and Sunmi sighs, “We discussed suppressants, but she didn’t want to go through the application process only to get turned down because she has a mate and is financially stable.”

The conscious omegas nod, remembering their processes as well, granted, they have long since been cut off. Society is still an ass about secondary genders and once an omega has found their mate, the mate owns them and legally gets to make all the decisions for them. The law can only get involved in domestic abuse, is if a pup dies.

“Sunmi?” Velda whines, her head perking up as she sniffs the air. The female alpha chuckles and takes her from Seokjin. “Yes, little one?” Sunmi asks, running her fingers over the omegas back. “My stomach hurts,” She whispers back, sighing in relief when Sunmis instant reaction is to start rubbing her belly. 

“You guys should probably go home before her scent shifts, I’ll bring your work over with dinner tonight,” Seokjin says and Sunmi nods, slinging her and her mates bags over her shoulder before carrying Velda out. “Why are we going home?” Velda asks, not really caring since she is so tired.

“You’re just so tired that they think your heat is about to start, so we’re going to go home before other alphas try to steal you from me.”

“But heats come after periods?” Velda says with a frown, making Sunmi freeze, “Well, you can go to sleep and I’ll call a few people. It may be different for female omegas,” The alpha says and Velda nods, falling back asleep and not even moving when Sunmi buckles her into the truck, drives home, and transfers her to their bed. Sunmi was quick to grab her phone and start googling while the lynx cub curled into her lap. Velda still couldn’t decide on a name, so ‘Baby’ had stuck. 

“Mark, do you know anything about female omega heats?” Sunmi asks over the phone and pouts at the sigh she receives. The male omega grew up in a house of nurses, so he was bound to know something on the subject. “Basically, it starts just like a male omegas, but with a little bit of blood. It is just spotting for the first couple of days, but if she doesn’t get pregnant, she’ll be in a lot more pain and maybe a little loopy from blood loss,” Mark states and Sunmis jaw drops. 

“What?” She asks again. “That’s why female omegas are so rare, a lot of them would go through heat alone and if nobody was there to watch them and take them somewhere if they lost too much blood, they bled to death. Just keep her fed and if she passes out, let me know and I’ll bring over some stuff for a blood transfusion.”

“Thank you,” Sunmi says, hanging up and rushing back to her room to see Velda sitting up with tears in her eyes. “What’s wrong, baby?” Sunmi asks, sitting next to her and pulling her into an embrace. “I’m cramping and I think I’m bleeding on your sheets,” Velda whimpers and Sunmi chuckles, “Well, how about you get a warm bath with some tea while I clean the bed?” Sunmi suggests, raising an eyebrow when Velda shakes her head, “No, I want to stay with you.”

Sunmi can feel her alpha boasting in pride at this statement. “Okay, what do you want to do right now, then?” Sunmi asks, ignoring the enticing scent that was drifting off her mate. “Can we get a bath together?” Velda hesitantly asks, twiddling her fingers as tears of pain continue to dribble from her eyes.

Sunmi gulps, “If that is what you want, then we can. But I want you to run the water and grab a few towels while I strip the sheets, okay?” The alpha says and Velda whines, but nods, using Sunmis shoulder to push herself off the bed. 

“I’ll be there in a few minutes,” Sunmi says, watching sadly as her mate waddles to the bathroom with soaked pants. The mixture of slick and blood had left a pink-ish puddle on the white bedsheets, but Sunmi always used liquid resistant sheets since she had a habit of sex dreams, so all she had to do was tear off the sheets and comforter before replacing them with a black set. 

“Alpha~ I can’t reach!” Velda whines, probably not noticing the name she used for Sunmi, but the alpha shook off her arousing thoughts and rushed to the bathroom. “I’ll get it, then,” Sunmi starts, reaching up to turn the knob, allowing water to flow into the large bathtub. “Are you comfortable getting a bath with me? You don’t have to,” Velda whispers as the thought of her possibly pressuring her mate into something. 

“I want to, but your scent could spike at any moment and I don’t want you to get uncomfortable if I suddenly have an erection pressing against your back,” Sunmi reasons and Velda shrugs, “That won’t bother me, you know I don’t want sex and I trust you not to try anything without permission.”

Sunmi grins and pulls Velda close, the two sharing a deep kiss before just smiling at each other for a few minutes until Veldas cramping comes back.