-3-

“When do I get to take classes?” Velda asks and the three males shrug, “Namjoon will text us about ours, give me your number and I’ll have him text you yours,” Seokjin says and Velda shakes her head, “I don’t own any electronics, I’ll just find out tomorrow,” She says and Seokjin almost attacks her with a hug, “Okay, then let’s go to lunch, maybe your mate has smelt you and will notice when you walk in,” Jungkook squeals, dragging Velda behind him until they burst into a room full of scents, making the girl wince and cover her nose. 

“Is something wrong?” Namjoon asks, speeding up to the two when he notices Veldas discomfort, “Lots of scents,” She mumbles behind her hand, stepping back out of the cafeteria and taking a deep breath. “I guess food options with a lot of people would be overwhelming to someone who isn’t used to people.”

“Joonie, her mate is somewhere in the school,” Seokjin says, stalking up, making the genius alpha nod, “Okay, I’ll tell all unmated, female alphas to line the halls,” He says and walks into the lunchroom while the three male omegas lead her towards the branched hallway to wait. “I don’t really want an alpha,” Velda mumbles and Jungkook almost faints, “Why? It’s so nice to be taken care of and coddled! Not to mention you have help during heats!”

“Your mates are the only nice alphas I’ve ever met, and my family is entirely alphas. No betas or omegas,” Velda states and the three nearly burst into tears, “Well, we all have our own houses with our alphas and you have that friend, so I suggest you move in with one of us if you don’t like your alpha,” Seokjin states and Velda whimpers as his scent sours putridly. “Also, I will be driving you to your home to pick up your belongings so that I can make sure you don’t stay there. I went through something similar, but with the way you talk about your life so vaguely, it was nowhere near as bad.” The eldest says and wraps her in a hug. Velda thinks about it and can’t help but let tears fall to join his. She wasn’t used to this type of affection. Parental affection.

“Guys, when you’re ready, the female alphas are all lined up and I think Sunmi is her mate because she is sniffing everywhere and her eyes are glowing,” Namjoon says gently, noticing Seokjin and Velda having a bonding moment. The eldest male omega has been looking for his platonic soul bond for a while, ever since Hoseok and Jungkook found each other, so he was happy for his mate.

“Come on, I want to scare Sunmi into loving you,” Seokjin says, giggling as he wipes away his tears and Velda wiggles her nose with a sniffle. “You are so adorable, let’s go,” Seokjin says and grabs her hand, walking into the hallway with her. But Velda stops as soon as she sees the lineup and makes eye contact with the one Namjoon had mentioned. Sunmi, the school owners niece, and Veldas mate.

“Alright everyone, go back to lunch,” Namjoon says and all of the female alphas go back to the cafeteria while Sunmi stands and stares with a wide smile and glowing gold eyes. “Hi, little one, I’m Sunmi,” She says, reaching a hand out to the young omega, who cautiously places her hand in the alphas, gaping as the alpha places a gentle kiss on it. 

“This is really cute, was this how I acted when I met Jimin and Taehyung?” Hoseok whispers to Jungkook, “No, you passed out and I had to lock them in a closet so they wouldn’t mark you yet,” The younger states and Hoseok nods, turning back to the newly introduced, “I-I’m Velda,” The small girl stutters and Sunmi nods, “Perfect, would you like anything to eat? Lunch just started and your scent says your blood sugar is dropping,” Sunmi says, grabbing Veldas hand again and sniffing her wrist. 

“Scarily fast,” Sunmi mutters and Seokjins eyebrows furrow before he leans in and smells from her neck, “Velda, do you have hypoglycemia?” Seokjin asks, his doctor show watching coming out. “I don’t know, what is that?” She asks and Seokjin shakes his head, “Nevermind, just, let’s sit down while Jungkook and Hoseok quickly go get something from the cafeteria,” He says and Velda shrugs, going to the bench and sitting while staring up at the two alphas and omega. 

“When was the last time you ate?” Sunmi asks and when Velda starts to try and remember, the previous night comes to mind. “I think I drank some almond milk before work yesterday, but I think that’s it in the past two days,” Velda says as if it were normal to go days without eating.

“Why would you say that like it doesn’t matter?” Sunmi gasps, squatting in front of her mate, “Is that a long time to go without eating?” Velda asks and Seokjin sighs, “Sweetie, you’re supposed to eat at least three meals a day, but since you’re an omega, five would be better for you,”

“Seokjin, she is getting paler, go get something, quickly,” Namjoon says, feeling Veldas temperature, “Vel, what supernatural base are you?” Sunmi asks and when the girl gives her a beyond confused expression, the female alpha's eyes scrunched shut in anger, knowing that her mate was abused in some way. Supernatural base basically means what was your family before breeds started mixing, vampire, werewolf, angel, witch, demon, or one of the many branches of fae. 

“I got a juice and some cheese fries,” Seokjin says, rushing out of the cafeteria with the two things, handing the juice over to Velda. Sunmi quickly takes the juice and opens it for her mate before handing it back to Velda who, when going to grab it, notices how shaky she is and frowns, taking a sip and instantly gagging. “That tastes like chemicals, not juice,” She pouts and Sunmi nods, “So you’re of witch or fae descent, natural sugars only and no major GMO’s. If you can eat cheese, you’re of witch descent.” Sunmi says and Seokjin hands the fries to the female alpha and watches her feed Velda who hums at the flavor.

“Can someone explain to me what is going on?” Velda asks and Sunmi smiles, “Nothing really, you just don’t eat enough different foods to have realised this and having your stress levels up is probably what made your hypoglycemia come out, which is why you’re shaky. Since you were able to eat cheese, you are simply of witch descent,” Sunmi says and Velda nods. “Okay, makes enough sense.”

“Namjoon hyung, there was just an announcement, school is dismissed for weather. There’s a typhoon coming,” Jungkook says, coming out with an apple and some ranch covered carrots. Velda happily takes the apple from his hand and starts munching on it. “Okay, I’ll take Velda to get her stuff and then meet you at home, Joonie,” Seokjin says and Sunmi frowns with Velda. 

“She’s my mate, she’ll stay with me,” Sunmi growls and Velda sighs, “I have to go with Sunmi and she has to come to my house,” She says and Sunmi smirks in triumph while Seokjin gives his bonded a look of utter betrayal. “Don’t give me that look, Talia tried to sue the chief of police for kidnapping because I fell asleep in the garden and accidentally spent the night. She’ll do anything for money and the only way she can’t get away with it or use her relation to me to keep me there, is if an alpha stakes claim over me.” Velda starts and everyone stares wide-eyed, making her blush and look down.

“I can’t actually stay at other peoples houses until I’m marked or Talia has given written permission to do so,” The omega finishes and Sunmi doesn’t know whether to smile or frown. Her mate wanted to go with her, but only for legality. “Sounds reasonable, but you three need to go now before the storm hits,” Namjoon starts but Velda suddenly remembers what her mother said the previous night, “You should probably come, too. I don’t really know what or who is going to be there when we arrive,” Vel says and Namjoon slowly nods, they wave to Jungkook and Hoseok as Seokjin gives them the keys to his van before piling into Sunmi’s truck.