-6-

“What the heck do I cook? I don’t know how to cook, alphas aren’t taught that life skill!” Sunmi grumbles as Jacksons laughs watching her dash around the kitchen. “We can look through this?” Velda suggests, holding up a cookbook with a veggie stir-fry on the front that she saw on a bookshelf on the stairs. Sunmi turns bright red at the sight of her mate in her clothes, nodding in agreement. 

“Stop drooling and go hug her, maybe take her upstairs and scent her? She smells nothing like you even though she found your favourite sweatshirt,” Jackson grumbles and Sunmi shakes her head out of the trance, “Sounds good,” Sunmi mumbles, rubbing her hands over her face before smiling at her confused omega. 

“What is scenting?” Velda asks and Mark pouts, turning to Sunmi, “You better go show her,” He grumbles and Sunmi nods, “Then how about you two start dinner?” She suggests before grabbing Velda and running back up to her room. “Scenting is basically rubbing ourselves on each other and it feels relaxing,” Sunmi explains and Velda hesitantly nods, allowing the alpha to lead her to the bed where they lay down on their sides, their faces inches apart.

“Why are you so sheepish? Mark Oppa acted like it was a normal thing to do,” Velda questions, scooting closer so she could bury her face in the crook of Sunmis neck, “It is, friends do it to each other as well, but when it comes to mates, bodies can react a little more intensely and I don’t want you to get uncomfortable because while you scent me, I start getting a boner,” Velda giggles and shakes her head, “Don’t care, show me. It sounds like really good bonding for new mates.”

“Can’t argue with that, but stop me if you get uncomfortable,” Sunmi says and leans down, sniffing over the omegas neck until she finds the scent gland and starts rubbing her nose over it, allowing some of her natural scent to leave her own as she rubs her wrists on the omegas hips. Velda was quite enjoying the tingles all over her body and the scent that surrounded her, letting out little keens of approval in encouragement.

Sunmi allows herself to relax a little too much and her alpha comes out a bit, bringing its dominating pheromones with it. The pheromones cause Velda to whine and go completely lax as she watches in awe as Sunmi hovers over her with a leg raising between her thighs. Velda is fine with the insinuating moves, but when she wiggles a little bit away from Sunmi because the alpha lightly nips the skin on her neck, said alpha jumps up with bright red eyes, “I’m so sorry! Did I freak you out? Are you okay?”

“I’m fine, your teeth tickled,” Velda giggles, shivering at the sudden loss of warmth. “Can I do that to you, now?” The omega questions and Sunmi nods, leaning back against the headboard, leaning her head back and humming in approval as Velda snuffles directly over her scent gland, problem is, omegas are much more susceptible to complete instinctual take over. Yes, alphas get angry and overprotective sometimes, but omegas go out and don’t come back in for a while, so being this close to where she is supposed to mark her mate and her heat nearing any day now, her eyes turn gold and her scent of roses and clove becomes sharper and pleasantly suffocating. But Sunmi is quick to notice the change. 

“MARK!” Sunmi yells, holding Velda back, even as she whines and tries to wiggle back, “Alpha,” Velda whimpers, stopping her movements of resistance and just staring forward with her golden eyes, “What did you do?” Mark groans, stepping into the room while Jackson waits at the door. “I let her start scenting me, but then she switched and since we never talked about it, I didn’t want to let her and then she be upset about it later,”

Mark glares at Jackson before pulling his fellow omega off of Sunmi, “I wish all alphas were like that, but noooo. Anyway, all you had to do was use your alpha voice and she would have stopped,”

“Maybe tell me that next time,” Sunmi grumbles, with a sigh, feeling bubbly from scenting and being slightly scented. “Okay, well, you do that ‘bring to reality’ thing that omegas do and Jackson and I will go try cooking,” Sunmi says, placing a kiss on Veldas cheek before scurrying out of the room.

Mark notices that Velda starts panting and struggling to follow out of the room when Sunmi closes the door, so Mark thinks for a moment before deciding that he would have to scent her to bring back her sanity.