-4-

Veldas eyes widen when she notices three cars in the yard, meaning Talia brought home at least three people. “Why are there so many people here?” Namjoon asks while Sunmi and Seokjin are staring at Vel as she reels in her sour scent of fear and takes a deep breath. “Just know that anything she says I have done involving sexual acts, is just what she wants me to do, not something I have done,” The small girl says, using a stray pencil to wrap her hair in a bun. “I just have to find the jewelry Talia hid from me after my presentation, then we head to the woods and get great grandmas blanket, then I have everything,” Velda states, hoping out of the car and cautiously walking to the door, sighing in slight relief when Seokjin stands beside her holding her hand.  

“You weren’t kidding sugar, she really is a hot one,” An old man says with a beer in his hand, eyeing the female omega hungrily, making Sunmi growl. “Woah, and she brought her own whores! Three of them!” The guy on the couch bellows, the strap still on his arm from his earlier shoot up. “Talia, I’m here to get my stuff and then I’m leaving,” Velda says and walks past the couch to the laundry room, which now housed used needles, broken bottles, and dead rats, bouncing on a few tiles until she felt a loose one. 

“Velda, don’t touch that, I’ll open it up. I don’t want you getting sick,” Sunmi says and crouches down, breaking the tile with a swift punch. “Nice one, little bitch, but you can’t leave! You’re a useless omega and I own you until that pale neck of yours is ripped open by an alphas teeth. Paul, over there is actually offering me a nice wad for you,” Talia says and before Velda can respond, Seokjin spins around, his ice blue eyes glowing, “Well, she has a mate and people who care about her now, so shut up and butt out. Try anything and we can have you arrested for child abuse, omega discrimination, and drug possession!” 

“Seokjin, half the police know, they trade drug evidence for sex,” Velda whispers and Seokjins grumbles, pulling the girl into his arms. “I got all the stuff in it, you take this and go get that other stuff you were talking about. Namjoon and I are going to have a conversation with these four. Or three if you ignore the passed out one,” Sunmi says and Velda nods, moving towards the door while Seokjin grabs the jewelry, only to squeak when Paul grabs her by the sweater and pulls her against his smelly body, earning a gag. 

“Let her go,” Sunmi growls, eyes red with anger, but before anyone can do or say anything in response, Velda pulls herself out of her sweater and spins so her back is facing the wall and her bruised stomach and bloody bandage are exposed to everyone. “Huh, I thought I hit you hard enough last night that you wouldn’t be able to get away,” Talia tuts and Sunmi loses it, launching for the other alpha female while Seokjin runs to Velda and pulls her outside.

“Okay, get in the car, I’ll lock you in while I call Namjoons family police squad,” Seokjin says and Velda shakes her head, “No, I am going to go get grandmas blanket from the woods, nobody will follow me out there if they are smart and the stupid ones will get eaten by the bears or wolves,” Velda states, ignoring that she was in a bandeau and jeans in typhoon weather.

“Remember the button on the ring,” Seokjin sighs and Velda nods with a grin before taking off. Eventually, she makes it to her hammock, shivering and out of breath as she grabs her grandmothers handmade quilt and wraps it around her shoulders. “I wonder if I’ll actually be able to sleep inside after sleeping outside for nine years,” She mumbles, prancing back silently as she listens to the sound of nature. Though, nature sounded a little more desperate today as she noticed the sound of a lynx cub calling for its mother. But the thing that made it different from usual was that the mother wasn’t responding, so Velda follows the sound until she comes upon a clearing with a horrible sight. 

The mother lynx that had stayed with her and kept her warm for three winters was laying on the ground with an arrow in her belly while the kit meowed from the den opening, three feet away. When the cub sees Velda, it stumbles towards her feet, quieting down at the familiar presence. “It’s okay, I’ll take care of you,” Velda says, allowing a tear to fall before makes her way out of the forest. 

“Don’t go after her, she is the victim!” Seokjin exclaims when multiple officers rush to apprehend Velda when as walks out of the woods, wrapped in a blanket with sticks in her hair. Seokjin rushes forward and hugs the girl, but jumps back at the meow of protest that comes from her chest. “I’ll explain later, are Namjoon and Sunmi alright?” 

“Yeah, they’re giving statements right now, but Paul and Talia managed to run off, so they were wondering if you had a picture of her,” Seokjin says and Velda shakes her head, “No, but if you can find my father, he might as long as his parents didn’t burn all of them,” Velda grumbles before the smile comes back, “I never have to run to places again,” She squeals and Seokjin chuckles, “Nope, I’m teaching you to drive once you can read Korean, then I am getting you your license and first car of choice.”

“I don’t wanna drive,” Velda states as Seokjin leads her to an ambulance. “We’ll discuss that later, but I want you to calm down that heavy breathing and have all of these wounds checked out by a professional.”