Chapter 34

FATAL BLOOM

Eira Ysabelle's POV

Bukas ang isipan namin ni Clyde habang nakasakay sa pegasus. Pinag-uusapan namin ang mga katagang sinabi ni Livo. It is clear that the flower he was referring to is a bomb. Just hearing the words fatal bloom, a bomb immediately came into my mind. I asked Clyde if there are literally flowers that can make a deadly bloom, he answered 'none'. So I suppose that it is really a bomb.

'The three places he is talking about are the dorms, the field, and the infirmary,' sabi niya na tinanguan ko lamang.

He's right. The dorms are where the students are most comfortable inside the academy. The field is absolutely the green blanket he was talking about, while the infirmary is where wounds are treated. The question is: where can we find the bomb inside the dorms, the field, and the infirmary?

'Maybe the numbers have something to do with it,' suhestiyon niya.

'Correct. Pero paano?'

1-2-3...0...4-5

'There are three sets of numbers given. 1-2-3, 0, and 4-5,' sabi ko.

'And there are 3 given places,' dugtong niya.

'Since the first spoken location is the dorms, let's assume that the numbers 1,2, and 3 are for it, the field is next, 0. The last one, the infirmary, 4-5.'

'The first set of numbers might refer to the first three rooms of the dorm of either the boys or the girls.'

'But the dorms have seven floors each,' kontra ko sa kanya.

'Let's take it this way. Boys' or girls' dorm, first floor, rooms 2 and 3.'

'You're really smart.'

Hindi niya pinansin ang sinabi ko at nagpatuloy sa pag-iisip. 'The next number, 0, goes to the field. But what is the connection of that number to that place?'

'The oval is in the field. The shape of the number zero is similar to the shape of the oval. It's kind of lame but it's the only thing that I can think of,' nakakahiya man, binanggit ko pa rin ang nasa isip ko. Kaming dalawa lang naman ang nakakarinig.

'No, it's not lame. You actually have a point.'

'So, the last one might be the cubicles number 4 and 5 of our infirmary,' pagtapos ko sa diskusyon. Tinanguan lamang niya ako kaya't ganoon din ang ginawa ko.

'He mentioned a fourth flower. What do you think is the meaning of that?' tanong niya.

'Anger. That's the most fatal flower which can bloom in all of us and cause harm to ourselves and to everyone around us,' sagot ko.

Tahimik lamang kami hanggang sa marating namin ang academy. Bumaba kami agad mula sa mga pegasus at tumakbo papasok sa academy.

"Hazel, go directly to the headmaster's office and tell him to tell everyone to avoid the oval, the dorms, and the infirmary. Tell him not to ask questions and just do what you told him to. Explain what's happening after the announcement," utos ni Clyde na tinanguan lamang ni Hazel.

Bumalik ang bilis ng tibok ng puso ko dahil sa kaba. Nalampasan na namin ang main building at ngayon ay nakabungad na sa amin ang field. Mayroong kakaunting estudyante ang nakaupo sa field at masayang nakikipagkwentuhan sa mga kaibigan nila. What is wrong with them? It's night time already.

"Students and staff inside the infirmary, the dorms, and the field are summoned here at the front of the main building. I repeat, students and staff inside the infirmary, the dorms, and the field are summoned here at the front of the main building," anunsyo ng headmaster sa speaker.