CHAPTER 3

Whew! I present to you, the unedited, copy-pasted chapter fresh out of my-I should shut up.

Enjoy.

Zhao Yunlan.

He was dreading his steps toward the flower shop, the key to the scooter dangling between his fingers. He tip toed around the tall flower stand meant for display and peeked from between the flowers into the inside of the store through the big glass window.

"Yunlan."

"Wah!"

He squeaked loudly from where he stood, almost toppling the flower stand over with his overreaction body movement. He swallowed, and smacked his lips together as he stared at the old man before his eyes, though eventually he surrendered upon seeing the impassive look he was given; hanging his head down dejectedly. He heard his boss sighed loudly and stepped into the shop, making the door chimed loudly in the crisp morning air. His eyes followed the old man from the corner of his eyes, as much as he can with his head still bowing anyway.

He was startled as his boss turned back to look at him, body half inside the store and giving him the look when he was caught staring. The man jerked his head to the inside of the store, urging him to follow suit.

Yunlan jutted his bottom lips and dragged his feet inside heavily, shoulders drooped in dispirit.

"What were you thinking?"

He was asked the moment he closed the door to the shop, the old man apparently had made himself comfortable on one of the stool next to where the worktable was situated at the corner of the room, a little secluded lest the other workers seen and heard them.

"I wasn't thinking straight boss." He said sullenly.

"Damn right you weren't."

There were silence after that; what was he supposed to say to that anyway?

"You are lucky they aren't putting any charges on you." his boss paused, before he levelled another look at him. "Yet."

Zhao Yunlan winced at that.

"What are you gonna do now?" he was asked by the old man and he pursed his lips together, thinking.

"I'll take care of it boss." He finally said. The old man frowned. "How are you gonna take care of it, do you even know who they are?"

And it dawned at him that no, he didn't know who that man was. His shoulder drooped even lower, if it was even possible at all at that point. "No, I don't..." but his head suddenly perked up when something came into his mind, and if he had dog ears, for sure they would have acted the same.

"Do you know him boss? Do you know where I can find him?!" he asked excitedly; there are hopes to see Shen Wei again after all!

The frown on his boss' face deepened, and he hit the worktable with his palm in frustration; unintentionally bringing the attention in the room toward them. "Is this the time to ask about others?! Worry about yourself first, kid!"

Zhao Yunlan recoiled at the sudden outburst, watching the forefinger of his boss pointed angrily at him. He recovered in a second though, as he smiled gleefully at the old man.

"I'll tell you what boss, he turned out to be the man I was looking for all along!" he almost whooped right there and then in front of his boss as if he won a lottery; well, in a sense, he kind of did.