CHAPTER 9

Zhao Yunlan, needless to say, was surprised to see where they ended up at. He stood agape on his feet, staring at the building before his eyes warily. He turned his head toward the guy next to him with a confused frown.

"...Why are we here?" He asked hesitantly, unclear with the man's intention in bringing him to the store.

Clearly a beauty salon won't help him remember the past.

Zhu Yilong gave him a side glance, which turned into a full body inspection. The limpid eyes narrowed in disapproval when they fell on his entire outfit. A simple white hoodie and a worn out jeans, both looked too big for him but the ugly stripes flip flops got the most attention from him, his eyes went greatly appalled at the poor choice of fashion. Nevertheless, he turned a blind eye to them for a moment and looked back at the confused face. He gave a quick look at the visual before he clicked his tongue; pointing while moving his finger toward the face.

"We need to fix your look first."

He simply said and marched toward the building without a single hesitation, forcing Zhao Yunlan to follow after with bewilderment. Once they were inside, a girl with short, petite figure and a smart uniform greeted them warmly, her smile friendly. She led them to the waiting lounge to be served by the other staff. Zhao Yunlan, of course, was mesmerized by the interior of the salon. The place was a wide open space of mirrors and comfy leather chairs swiveled all the way around. The floor was deep brown planks sanded smooth and the walls were painted brilliant white it was aesthetically pleasing to the eye.

Another staff came and greeted the both of them, eyes momentarily fell on Zhao Yunlan when she spotted the unusual fashion of the man, used to a more trendsetting type of customer; particularly celebrities. She offered a smile nonetheless due to the fact that he came with the prominent figure in the whole of Beijing; if not the China land itself. She turned to the man with even brighter smile on her face.

"Welcome Mr. Zhu. It's an honour to have you here. What can we serve you today?"

She asked like a professional she was, all sultry and welcoming voice and there was a slight sway of her body to undulate the curves under the tight black uniform, her substantial breasts were put into quite a display through the subtle movement. Zhu Yilong saw right through her shameful act and he smirked, more to himself before he looked back at the woman with a charming smile; the woman instantly blushed and ducked her head bashfully.

"Yes, Miss..." he read the name tag on the woman's chest and looked back up, the smile etched on his face did not falter one bit. "Miss Wang. I need your help in--"

He paused and turned toward Zhao Yunlan who was sitting dumbly next to him, looking so out of place. He smiled fondly, intentionally at the sight and turned back at the woman. "I need your help to make him pretty."

That got Zhao Yunlan's attention for he whipped his head so fast toward the man, truly offended.

"Hey!"

"Of course he's already pretty but that hairstyle needs to go. Please give him a proper cut."

Zhu Yilong blatantly ignored the protest and his eyes sparkled with mirth as he looked at the woman, more amused with her reaction. Her eyes widened a fraction and the blush on her face darkened, most likely from feeling humiliated. To add oil to the fire, Zhu Yilong scooted closer to Zhao Yunlan and put a hand on his nape, bringing the startled man closer. He leaned forward to take a sniff of the man's hair; totally scandalous but luckily there was only the three of them and few other staffs that did not pay them much attention.

"When did you last wash your hair?"

He pulled back with a slight frown and asked, his voice sounded almost like a whisper. Again, totally scandalous. Zhao Yunlan, with his face beet red tried to push him away but stopped when the hold on his nape tightened. He huffed angrily.