CHAPTER 5

Another chapter as promised!

What was that? Do I hear someone say two updates per week? What do you guys say? Yeay or nay?

Zhu Yilong looked terribly unimpressed.

His sword like brows laid flat above his limpid eyes as the thin lips formed a straight line and Zhao Yunlan had this sudden impulse to explain himself; though he did not know why. Probably because Zhu Yilong gave the stinky eyes mostly at him.

"Uhm--" Zhao Yunlan started.

"Director Zhu!"

The man in front of him suddenly exclaimed, making a grand gesture toward Zhu Yilong with his hands as if seeing an old friend. Zhu Yilong, as if being reminded of the other person turned his head toward the man, his earlier irate expression had diminished in a second and was replaced with a pleased one; his lips stretched into a delighted smile.

"Mr Huang. Fancy meeting you here."

He reached out a hand toward the man, offering a handshake which was gladly taken by the other with a firm grip.

"Likewise, likewise." The man laughed joyously, patting their conjoined hands as they shook hand with enthusiasm.

"Uhm, excuse me--" Zhao Yunlan tried to speak again.

"What brings you here?"

Zhu Yilong briskly asked, the smile remained on his face despite him very blatantly ignoring Zhao Yunlan when the latter tried to pipe in into the conversation. Mr Huang beamed as his smile widened.

"I'm here to record my single. Surely you have heard of it?"

There was a brief second of confusion flashed across Zhu Yilong's face before he masked it with yet another smile. "Of course! Of course, you have my utmost support. The best of luck for you Mr Huang, I'll be waiting for it to be released."

"Thank you. I'll let you be the first one to know."

He said before they fell into a rather awkward silence and Mr Huang was suddenly reminded of the person next to him. He quickly brought forward the person to the attention in the group, hand hovering over the small of Zhao Yunlan's back; not exactly touching. He failed to notice the tiny twitch of Zhu Yilong's eyes upon the sight.

"I was having a nice talk with this young man here. He said he is a fan of mine."

Zhao Yunlan nodded fervently, wide eyed as if he finally got to explain himself to Zhu Yilong; though he still not understand why the need to. Zhu Yilong, finally; turned toward him and gave him a long calculating look before he smiled even wider, almost like a leer.

"Oh did he, now?" he sounded sarcastic in Zhao Yunlan's ears.

Mr Huang looked at the two men with confused look, eyes going back and forth between them. Then he motioned to the both of them with his finger. "Do you know each other?"

"Yes."

"No." Zhu Yilong was fast to deny.

"He is just here to clear some misunderstanding."

He added, the smile totally vanished on his face as he pocketed both of his hands again; not wanting to elaborate more. Mr Huang looked at the two and the smile he had was not very convincing; doubting.

"Alright then. I guess I have to get going now--"

"Wait Mr Huang!" Zhao Yunlan suddenly called out to him before he can leave.