CHAPTER 8

Oh hey, I missed this chapter. This is what happened when I updated too many in one go. Pardon me.

He leaned back against the walls with a sigh.

He had come to the rooftop for a smoke but decided against it and headed down to the emergency exit lest he be tempted by the other smokers; he had been trying to quit for almost a year. The longest he had been without was two months, and he limit it to only one stick at a time. He had not bring his sugarless gum to quench the need to smoke either, all he had was a stick of cigarette he got from Kevin; the man knew how much he needed one at the moment, and a lighter he always had in his pocket for business purpose.

Alas, he only had his willpower to rely on eventually.

"A penny for your thoughts?"

He looked up to see a woman leaning against the railing of the staircase, smiling at him like a fox she was. She was not beautiful in a classical way; no flowing golden curls or ivory skin. She was shorter than average and yet in her ordinariness she was stunning. Her shoulder length hair was tied low behind her head and the casual suit she wore nicely accentuated her figure. While she was a fox in her cunning way to get what she wanted, she was the only woman he ever allowed to get close to him.

He shifted on his feet and regained his posture against the walls, stood tall against the woman as she stepped down the stairs to get to him. He smirked like someone who had been caught doing nothing.

"How did you find me?"

"Saw you went up the elevator. You weren't at the rooftop so I guess I would find you here. Emergency exit indeed." She said with a sly smile as her hand slipped into her slack pocket in search for something.

"Old habit die hard?" she offered him a piece of candy, resting her back on the walls as well.

"You know I don't eat sweets..." he complained yet he picked up the sweets from her hand nonetheless.

"It'll help at the moment." She replied simply and produced another candy from her pocket, deftly unwrapped the plastic and popped the small sugary treat into her mouth.

Zhu Yilong looked at her fervently sucking on the sweets beside him before he sighed and did the same. He let the small piece of treat rolled against his tongue to taste its taste and instantly scoffed.

"Mango? This is like a children's palate."

He said as he let the foreign taste associated with his taste buds, the woman sneaked a glance his way and smirked; not giving any comment on that. They just stood in silence next to each other, finding peace in the space of silence before he exhaled slowly.

"My thoughts been a mess these few days."

He opened up without even looking at the woman, knowing well she would have that cunning smile on her face whenever he started to give in to her; which he always did. And sure enough, she pushed herself off the walls and moved to stand in his line of sight, showing her smug smile.

"Never knew the mighty Zhu Yilong would have his head messed up by someone. So who's the guy?"

Her eyes twinkled in amusement, as well as curiosity. Surely the subject had given extreme delight to her, knowing he rarely took interest with someone out of his circle of peers. And for him to even mull over this person, needless to say; she was greatly intrigued with this certain guy.

She shrugged nonchalantly when Zhu Yilong frowned at her; confused.

"Saw him walked out of your office yesterday with sulky face. Cute." She gestured toward her own face, a knowing smirk thrown his way and Zhu Yilong spluttered.