CHAPTER 16

So. It's not yet Sunday, but. Oh well. 

This chapter is a bit long so...yeah. Anyway, enjoy! ❤️️

They were both startled when there was a knock on the door.

Zhao Yunlan was the first to break the hug, his face flushed red and he stepped back to put some distance between them. Zhu Yilong watched him moved away with dismay, hands twitching slightly; tempted to pull the man back into his arms. He did not though, as he turned his head toward the door to acknowledge the knock.

"Enter." He instructed, his voice a hint of annoyance.

The maid from before entered upon being granted to, took one look at them and ducked her head slightly as a silent apology for intruding. She lifted her head a second later to deliver whatever message she carried with her.

"Sir has asked for a lunch together. Including young sir here." She motioned her hand politely toward Zhao Yunlan.

Zhu Yilong considered her for a moment, then he brought his gaze to the man next to him to see Zhao Yunlan staring at him wide eyed; and caught the tiny shake of his head. He bit the inside of his mouth and gave some thought about it before he took Zhao Yunlan's hand in his, his almond-shaped eyes stared deep into the other man. He squeezed the hand gently.

"Trust me."

Then he turned toward the maid. "Understood. We will join them shortly."

When the maid excused herself and left the room, Zhu Yilong turned back toward Zhao Yunlan and sighed, smiling slightly. He stepped closer and brought his other hand up to tuck a stray strand of hair behind Zhao Yunlan's ear. He studied his face for a moment.

"Do you trust me?"

"Do I have an option?"

Zhao Yunlan retorted quickly, annoyed as he turned his gaze away from him. He turned back as quickly though, face becoming even annoyed than before when Zhu Yilong chuckled softly. He stared at Zhao Yunlan, amused before his face softened.

"No. But you should still trust me anyway. I would never let anyone hurt you."

Zhao Yunlan scoffed, rolling his eyes while mumbling something incoherent under his breath before he clicked his tongue. Zhu Yilong dismissed the little tantrum and asked again.

"Trust me?"

The other man made an exaggerated sigh before he looked at Zhu Yilong, his eyes hard and steely yet when he nodded, there was softness in them. It was enough to make Zhu Yilong smiled brightly.

They showed up together at the dining area, hand in hand.

It was a grand space, to say the least, overlooking the large swimming pool outside through the bifold doors; Caribbean blue with white edge against the green of the lawn. While it was a breath-taking enough of a scenery, the dining room was proven to be an even spectacular sight, elegant in its contemporary way; the walls a shimmering gold paper when the sunlight invaded the space. A huge, elongated walnut dining table took up most of the vast space the room offered.

A couple waited for them at the table.

The man had a strong vibe around him, astute and respectable, something akin to that of a great leader; an authority figure. His intensely black hair had a tinge of grey to it, gelled and comb to the side to appear smart and his eyebrows were thick and bushy above the pair of eyes; bright and sharp. Despite the wrinkles and fine lines adorning the aging face, the man was considerably handsome.