CHAPTER 10

Wow! Do you guys need a break? I certainly do not. Gonna keep going! 

It was close to eight when they pulled into the driveway leading to a minimal house with extensive green lawn, a contrast to the black of the asphalt driveway. The house, albeit small was unapologetically modern; constructed with a series of rectangles in timber, steel and glass. It stood against the manicured lawn, a lone presence in the vastness of the green where cars; luxury cars were parked around.

Zhao Yunlan was already sick and tired of being in awe to every single thing the other man associated with so he just let his eyes feasted on the luxuries before them without any grand reaction.

Zhu Yilong parked the car next to a street model of Harley Davidson and though he was being nonchalant about it, Zhao Yunlan on the other hand; was enamoured by it. He was out of the car in a second to marvel at the vehicle upon closer look, his eyes mapping out every nook and cranny of the sleek dark metal. His fingers hovering above the surface, tempted to touch yet afraid to ruin the smooth, shiny finishing. Zhu Yilong watched as the man was completely enraptured by the motorcycle, to which he noticed was the outdated model of the brand. And Zhao Yunlan did not even bat an eyelash to his s class coupe.

He frowned with the realization and huffed in annoyance.

"Come on. We're late already."

He called out to the man, breaking whatever spell the motorcycle casted on him and fortunately, Zhao Yunlan left his admiration where he found it and hurriedly rushed to his side in a second. Zhu Yilong gave him a thorough look over, nodded in satisfaction with the way he look and led them both toward the house.

The interior of the house was an open floor plan with every line throughout the space was clean and straight, the colour scheme brown and dark grey. There was a staircase leading up to the open hallway upstairs, the cherry stair threads were connected to a single steel beam under them.

A few other guests occupied the open space area, lounging and conversing between them in mild mannerism; all dressed up in fancy yet modest fashion. Zhu Yilong smiled in surprise when one of them spotted him entering through the front door, the man excused himself from the group and made way toward them with apparent ecstasy on his face. It was hard not to notice the spring in his steps when he practically ran toward them.

"Long Ge!"

The man all but threw himself to the other man, pulling him into a tight embrace. Zhu Yilong accepted the gesture with the same enthusiasm, the smile was big on his face. They pulled away a second after, Zhu Yilong pat him gently on the arm.

"When did you finish filming? I thought you're still at Shanghai."

The man gave him a lopsided smile in response. "It ended just now in the evening but I took the earliest flight available back to Beijing. Since I miss this Gege so much~"

He cooed cutely, poking at Zhu Yilong's cheek relentlessly before the man clicked his tongue with a roll of his eyes and swat the annoying hand away. "Save your gibberish. Everyone knows you are here for Angela." He muttered as he shoved both hands into the pockets of his slack and rocked back on his heels, his head turned around wildly in search for someone.

"Where is Yang Rong?" He asked when his eyes failed to locate the woman.

"Oh. She went upstairs. Just so you know, she looked pretty pissed you aren't on time."

The man nodded in all seriousness, his face grim with dread of what's to come when facing with the woman's wrath. Zhu Yilong just brushed it off with a wave of his hand and looked around again.