CHAPTER 7

Get ready guys. 6 chapters in one go coming right up!

Zhao Yunlan gaped at him, mouth went slack.

"Next...impossible! Such a short time, how do you expect me to--?" He spluttered indignantly with the absurd requirement. Zhu Yilong blinked as if he did not understand the sentiment at all; as if he did not just state the so called absurd requirement. He looked nonchalant even.

"Why is it impossible?" he asked.

"Just so you know; while you claimed to know me, I don't even know who you are. You could be someone who is just after my money, I am a rich person afterall. You could be a scammer for all I care. Just because you are cute does not mean you can get whatever you want. At least I let you indulge the moment until...when did I say again? Ah—until the end of next month--"

Zhu Yilong was about to say more when he spotted the look of Zhao Yunlan, stopping altogether. Zhao Yunlan looked greatly insulted; which he had every rights to. Zhao Yunlan did not spent his whole life being called a crazy person just for a mere amount of money, and he most definitely did not spent his whole life searching for Zhu Yilong just to be called a scammer. So yes, he had every rights to be angry.

"What did you just say?" he asked with trembling voice, his teeth gnashing against each other. There was a glisten of unshed tears in his eyes.

Zhu Yilong kept his calm demeanour and yet he was biting the inside of his lips so hard it he felt a tangy taste of iron on his tongue. He swallowed as he took in the upset face before him, and exhaled slowly. He brought his chin up, showing a little bit of his arrogant side.

"What did I say? I didn't say the 'c' word, didn't I?"

He asked tersely before he smacked his lips together loudly, like he had just remember something. He pointed at Zhao Yunlan with wide eyes.

"Oh wait, I did. Let me rephrase that then; just because you're pretty does not mean you can get whatever you want. There." He corrected his word with a mocking smile.

Zhao Yunlan scoffed, his face in disbelief. "Why have you become like this?"

Zhu Yilong pulled back with a face; as if he felt offended by the question.

"But I have always been like this. Clearly you don't know me well enough."

He leaned back on his seat with a nonchalant shrug, both palms opened in front of him; toward Zhao Yunlan. Zhao Yunlan was looking at him with so much rage his breaths came out ragged and laboured; he had both hands in a tight fist. He actually looked he was ready to kill someone in the room, specifically Zhu Yilong.

"Whoa, hold that thought. I thought you said you were not going to think badly about me no matter what I do."

The said person was quick to put a hold to whatever evil thinking Zhao Yunlan was having, pointing a finger at him with warning. Zhao Yunlan narrowed his eyes.

"Think badly about you and killing you are two different things."

Zhu Yilong widened his eyes in alarm, and stammered. He was fidgeting a little on his seat, scared silly by Zhao Yunlan's threat. That was before a sharp knock filled the room, his PA appeared from the door a second later.

Right on cue.

"Kevin!"

He exclaimed, unconsciously letting out a sigh of relief upon the presence of the other. He got up from his seat and gestured for Kevin to come to him quickly. His PA looked between the two other men in the room, there was a small smile as well as confusion on his face. He hastily made way toward his boss across the room. He was pulled close by his boss once he reached by the man's side.