CHAPTER 4

Surprise! 

Feeling a little bit generous today. And also apologetic. Mostly apologetic. Still apologetic. Whatever.

Zhu Yilong.

He was on his way back to the company after spending the whole morning out of town to attend some boring business meeting with the managers and teams of his artists regarding a collab project with other artists from different agencies.

He was not exactly there to hear the whole story about how it worked, but that was exactly what was expected of him at the meeting; which he didn't do. He did gave his opinion here and there, but in the end, he was only there to represent the higher figures of the company. Someone had to watch the kids after all.

At least the lunch was delicious.

He was humming along the song playing on the radio, something he would only do when it was his artist's songs; he was a doting father if someone might say. When the car was about to enter the driveway to his building, his PA called out for his attention making him to look up at the man through the rear view mirror, their eyes met.

"There is a man that looks extremely suspicious a couple feet away, should I bring this to the guard's attention?"

He turned his head to where his PA's sight was directed at and sure enough, there was a man wearing a green windbreaker over the white thin shirt loitering around near the tall hedge that surrounded the building. He was tiptoeing on his feet to peek over the hedge and though he was blessed in term of height, the plants were still higher. He scoffed, the man looked almost pitiful.

"Let him be. There are CCTVs around the building, the guards should have taken notice of him by now."

He sighed and looked away from the pitiful sight as his PA nodded, driving the car into the driveway of the basement parking. He turned briefly to look at the man for the last time in case the man did tried to climb over the tall hedge, and their eyes met by chance through the heavily tinted window of his car when the man looked over to the vehicle as it entered the underground parking entry. His eyes widened.

"Stop the car!"

He yelled suddenly making the car to jerk forward harshly. His PA turned around at him with big questioning eyes, almost petrified.

"Go back a little." He ordered briskly.

"A little more."

He said when his PA reversed the car just a few inches back.

"Kevin, drive back to that man!" he exclaimed in frustration when his PA seemed to hesitant over the order.

"I strongly advice you against this Mr Zhu."

Nonetheless, His PA drove the car in reverse until they stopped next to the oblivious man. He moved toward the other side of the back passenger seat and pressed the button to roll the window down, all the while watching the man from across trying to peek between the hedge, diving head first into the thick bushes. He might seriously get mistaken as a cabbage head by the passer-by at that point; maybe he was indeed a cabbage head.

"Hey!"

He called for the man but apparently the man had both his ears inside the bushes so he asked his PA to hit the honk. That kinda did the trick for the man pulled his head back out of the hedge hurriedly, his head swiftly looking left and right like a mad man afraid of being caught doing something weird; well, he was caught already. His gaze eventually fell on him inside the car, though his eyes had to squint very hard to see through the dark state of the inside of the car and the moment he recognized him, his eyes went comically wide.