𝟬𝟴. prison breakers

CHANGE | CHAPTER EIGHT

    𝐀fter the early events, Cloud was finding it hard to maintain her normal heartbeat every time the firebender's around her

    𝐀fter the early events, Cloud was finding it hard to maintain her normal heartbeat every time the firebender's around her. But that doesn't mean she would change the way she acts towards him or anyone else. That was just completely stupid━and she wasn't stupid, well, not as stupid as she thinks of herself. She might be dumb sometimes but she was quite smart if she says so. Okay, now she was rambling.

    "I can't believe Miss Queeny Smug Face had them right under our noses the whole time!"

    "Tell me about it," Cloud huffed, crossing her arms as she sat on the staircase next to her father.

    "We have to get those airbenders out."

     "All right. We go in under the cover of darkness: two small insertion teams and a third on the outside," Bumi rambled, causing Tenzin to sigh under his breath for the millionth time and for the same reason. "Then all we'll need is twelve tons of blasting jelly, a medium-sized bulldozer, and... does anyone have a badgermole that knows Morse code?" 

    A few knocks were heard from outside the door, and Cloud stood up from the staircase. This time she was prepared to claw at the Queen's overbearing face as she held her glider with both hands.

    Asami rolled her eyes. "Oh great, not the Queen again." 

     "Everyone, act natural. And Bolin━" Korra ordered, but Bolin already opened his outer shirt to let the fire ferret inside, chittering in protest as he wiggled around.

    However, instead of the Queen's smug face, they were greeted by Lin's welcoming one. The team was confused at her appearance, not remembering whether somebody had invited her or not, but nevertheless, they were all delighted to see her.

     "Lin? What are you doing here?" Tenzin asked with a surprised tone as the fierce woman barged inside without hesitation.

    "We need to get Korra out of here immediately,"  Lin said firmly as she crossed her arms. "Her life's in danger."

     "What?" Korra moved towards them as well as Cloud who looked worried. "What's going on?"

     "I just got word from Lord Zuko and Tonraq."

     "Why is Lord Zuko with my dad?"

     Nobody answered her question.

     "Zaheer and the others have escaped."

     "How is that possible?"

     "Because Zaheer is an airbender now."

    "No..." Tenzin trailed off in disbelief.

     Cloud shook her head, stepping up from behind them, taking the policewoman's attention. "Please tell me you're kidding."

    "Unfortunately, I am not," Lin said, her expression hardening even more if that's even possible. She was just as strong as the metal she wielded.