01 | M

"My apologies Mr

"My apologies Mr. Mulaney, but your father was more than just my client. He was a friend and he made me promise that I would only discuss his will when all four of you are present." Said my father's former lawyer.

I slouched down in my seat and pressed my fingers together in front of me as my elbows rested on the armrests of the leather chair. I knew it was not his fault, but I could not help but give him a murderous glare which was without a doubt making him rethink his decision of keeping the promise he had made.

Marco, my younger brother who was sitting on my right huffed air out of his nose as though he had the same thought that I had, to beat the short, bald-headed man in front of us up until he would open his mouth and tell us what we wanted to hear.

Marissa, our younger sister was sitting on my left. She looked up at me, waiting for me to answer the man sitting in front of us.

"Fine. I'll get her to fly over here and we'll reschedule. You will be hearing from my assistant very soon."

The lawyer gulped before answering with a nod whilst he forced a smile upon his lips.

He stood up to shake my hand when I stood up. But, if I were to shake his hand I would have pulled him over the table and beat him up, so I left him hanging and walked out of the room without saying anything else. Marco and Marissa followed my lead, not uttering one word to the man.

"Tell Anthony to get the three of them on a plane." I said, turning to Marissa as we entered the elevator.

"Fucking lawyer." Marco mumbled under his breath.

"I have to stop by the office really quickly, after that we'll meet the others."

Marco gave me a small nod. "I've given the reports to Jenny, the meeting is set for 11.00 am. I've already informed him that you'll be taking my place." He turned to Marissa.

"Well, it is always a pleasure to see Mr. James." She smiled naughtily, making us smile as well.

"Behave." My smile faded away, I needed to make sure that she knew her place.

The smile disappeared from her face when she saw how serious I was. "Always."

When the elevator came to a stop, the doors opened to our drivers who were patiently waiting for us. Marissa and Marco had shared a ride to the law firm with Christoph. I had driven there with Emillio, our other driver because I had left the house earlier than they did to get some work done at the office.

Eights years we waited to settle our father's will reading only to hear that the four of us needed to be present. I was surprised when the lawyer mentioned that someone was missing.

For a brief moment, my eyebrows scrunched up as I kept asking myself who he could possibly be referring to, but then it dawned upon me.

My mind had grown so accustomed to only seeing Marco and Marissa as my siblings, even though they were technically my cousins, that it had forgotten the young girl my father had adopted three years before he died.