14 | M

Mattia

I sat in my parked car in Gia's driveway with my hands still on the steering wheel and Nuelle still on my mind. From the moment Marissa had called to tell me that she was sending Nuelle up, she was all that I could think about.

I hated the way I had treated her. I hated the things I had said to her, yet I said them. Her questions caught me off guard, I did not have a response in mind.

What was I suppose to say? I'm sorry for abandoning you? But, it's all good now, cause I want you?

The last thing I needed was for her to think that I was some sick bastard that lusted after his little sister, even if we were not actually related. The whole situation was already messed up as it was. There was absolutely no need to make it worse, besides I had Gia.

I got out of the car and walked into the house. Whilst I made my way to the back of the house my phone rang.

"Yeah."

"We're done and on our way home." Anthony stated.

"Good and Rafael?"

"Set for Saturday at 2.00 pm after the meeting with the lawyer. Also, I told Marissa that you had me take care of some business in New York, in case she asks."

"Noted." I sighed.

I was not against Anthony and Marissa's relationship, but it did come with its consequences. At times I wished she would have picked someone that did not work for us, because whenever I had him take care of business I had to make sure that he would not get himself hurt. Not that I cared less about my other employees, I just had to care more about Anthony.

I stopped near the infinity pool that Gia was taking laps in. She noticed me and swam to where I was standing which was near the built in stairs.

I watched as she climbed out, wearing a blue two piece swimsuit. I took the towel from the sun lounger and wrapped it around her as she leaned in for a kiss.

"You had a good day?"

"Yeah, I did." I lied.

We took a shower together after which we snuggled in her bed. Soon the night fell upon us and I once again started to worry about my father's will.

I got out of bed, leaving Gia who was scrolling through her instagram feed. I left the room and rang Marco up. After hearing it ring for over four times he picked up.

"Meeting with the lawyer tomorrow is at 11.00 am." I said.

He was talking to people in the background before he answered me. "Yeah, cool."

"Where are you?"

"Home, but me and the others are leaving in a few. We're waiting on Anthony."

I scratched the back of my neck.

"Who do you mean by the others?"

"Marissa and Nuelle."

"Where to?"

"What's up with all the questions. Muse. We're heading to Muse."