What the Hell

It's been over a week since the practice match with Nekoma and I've barely spoken a word to Bokuto. But he hasn't exactly tried to talk to me either. The team are picking up on it too.

Why did i have to be a manager. This feels so awkward.

Still i can't stop myself from watching him play, he's so captivating. He's back to his energetic, annoying self. Even though we've not been talking, i'm still over the moon to see him doing well. To be honest, i haven't told anyone about our kiss yet, but i have plans for lunch with Sakura and Rika. It feels like forever since we've sat, just us girls.

Once I told them what happened, they couldn't conceal their squeals of happiness.
"Oh my god finally, it's been so clear he likes you"
"um no it hasn't? It's always just been friends" They laugh at how naive i've been.
"no seriously. why would he want me of all people?"
"are you joking?" Rika says, dumbfounded by my question.
"you're absolutely beautiful to start with. and you match him perfectly. He makes you hyped and outgoing, and you keep him level headed."
"you're the perfect couple!"
"we are not a couple!"
"well what are you then?"
"um, we haven't actually spoken since it happened. this was last week" The pairs smiles fade.
"you have to talk to him. we start Christmas break this week."
"yeah and if you're visiting your Nana. who knows what could happen while you're gone." I suddenly realise they're right. I have to talk to him. "Guys i'm going to go, I know they're starting practice now. I'm going to find him!" They cheer me on as I head out to the gym. Almost running over, i spot Bokuto. Ironically at the vending machine where we met.

I walk over, visibly nervous. "Bokuto..." My voice trails.

What do i even say?

Luckily i won't have to worry about that as he speaks first. "Look i'm sorry for what happened. I know you see me as a friend. I'm not sure i was thinking straight." I've had enough of these guessing games with this boy. I pull on his tie so he meets my height and lean in to kiss him. His hand runs through my hair as his lips lock onto mine. As we stand there in the cool breeze, I almost forget that we're actually in school and should probably wrap this up. When we pull apart, I gently let go of his tie and tell him he needs to get to practice.

Once again he seems to be playing at his very best. And he has his favourite cheerleader back. The whole team seems to be in a better mood now they see us talking again. Especially Akaashi. He didn't talk to me during class at all unless he had to, I guess it was out of respect for his best friend. I'm glad that i'll be able to have him back too

God. It wasn't long at all. But I couldn't bare to lose these boys.

While they finish practice and get cleaned up, i text the girls to tell them what happened. "HeyHey! guess what"
"hmmm, what do you want nowww?"
"rude. Actually i was going to ask if i could come to yours tonight."
"sure. um i'm actually going back home at the end of this week so would you like to stay over tonight too? We can get everyone together again for the last time until after christmas"
"i was actually hoping it could just be us but sure. i'll ask them"
"great!"
"but wait. you're going home?"
"oh yeah i am"